If Google is planning to launch a tablet device in the near future, it should bypass its embryonic Chrome OS and instead go with Android, the company's other mobile operating system that's taking the smartphone market by storm.
The early returns are rolling in on Apple's iAd mobile advertising platform, and so far the results seem mixed.
In spite of the fact that the net neutrality proposal that Google and Verizon published on Aug. 9 was not much like what the rumor mill predicted as late as the day before, the proposal sure has kicked off a lot of controversy.
The Apple iOS, which runs on its iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad, has a flaw in how it reads PDF documents that makes it easier to hack. This flaw is exploited by JailbreakMe, a one-click site that makes it easy for anyone without any real tech skills t...
Let's pause for a moment of silence to remember Google Wave, a service that has gone off to greener pastures. Google confirmed the news late yesterday, saying the service hadn't seen the type of user adoption it had been hoping for.
That little Android mascot must be struggling to catch his breath.
Google Earth offers a tonne of great features to play with. We run through the 10 coolest.
Rather than bore you with an opening line about how Android phones outsold the iPhone last quarter, I'm going to begin with an anecdote:
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, which mobile operating system is fairest of all? That's a common question, given the many contenders in the mobile arena--and the well-publicized glitches that have recently come up.
The more I use the HTC Incredible, the more I like it. And the thing that really makes the Incredible, er, incredible is its operating system, Android<.
I recently visited the "Googleplex," Google's expansive headquarters in Mountain View, Calif., for an interview, and took the chance to snap a few pictures of life inside what must be one of the most entertaining workplaces in America.
As the second-generation Android devices debuted, there were serious questions about the state of the platform. Unlike the release of the <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/39727/review/g1.html">HTC G1</a> (also known as the "Dream"), wh...
What do you get when you combine the brains of Android with the body of Lego? If you're UK-based chip designer and Lego enthusiast David Gilday, you get a DIY robot capable of solving a Rubik's Cube.
Beyond Apple's iPad, the tablet computer market is a murky place inhabited largely by vaporware.
Just last year, with the arrival of Android 2.0 mobile operating system, I warned that Android devices were not quite ready for the enterprise.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy advocates plan to fight Congress' repeal of ISP privacy rules
- Waze lets you order coffee and a donut from Dunkin' before you get there
- Windows 10 Creators Update review: Gaming, inking, and Edge win, while mixed reality loses
- How to get Windows 10 Creators Update: The release date and more
- Tested: Microsoft Edge is the only browser to run Netflix in 4K
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW
- TPIT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPSQL Server Developer | 3 month contract |NSW
- FTService Desk AnalystsSA
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTJunior Wintel Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCDocument Scanning OfficerACT
- FTArchitect (Technical)NSW
- FTICT Account Manager / ICT Client Services ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTCloud Infrastructure Specialist - Azure/AWSNSW
- CCNetwork and Cloud SMENSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperQLD
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- TPJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Digitalisation projectsQLD
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW