Misconceptions and misinformation have surrounded the Chrome OS almost since the day it was announced. This week's press conference at Google's Mountain View, Calif., campus helped to clear the air, but uncertainty about what the search giant's new O...
Google's mantra is "Don't be evil." Let's hope it the tech giant means it, because if Chrome OS succeeds in replacing Windows at the world's dominant operating system, Google's sway over the computing world could be exponentially higher than it is t...
Thursday Google opened its doors to the press to show off its hotly anticipated Chrome operating system. In a small auditorium in Mountain View, California, Google VP of Product Development Sundar Pichai took to the stage to give us a demonstration o...
Tomorrow's hot ticket is for the Chrome OS event at Google HQ down in Mountain View. Chrome OS has already caught many imaginations, as something exciting often does, especially before the real world interrupts the fantasy.
Google Chome OS, which Google is expected to preview this Thursday, has been the subject of much speculation and rumors since its announcement last summer, when Google made public its plans to develop a lightweight, open-source Linux-based OS aimed p...
When you add up this week's top Google news, it paints a picture of a gargantuan, but immature, effort to make the Web faster.
Given undistinguished history of Microsoft's late and unlamented Live Search engine, the predecessor to Bing, it's easy to dismiss Redmond as a hapless also-ran in the search market. But given the vast sums of money and resources that Microsoft is in...
How many people really use Google Apps and how many of them are paying customers? That's a question Google has never quite answered, having touted a "20 million users" and "2 million companies" figure that is almost meaningless.
Google grew both its revenue and profit in the third quarter, which ended Sept. 30, registering results its CEO called "strong" and that exceeded Wall Street expectations.
In the past few days many of T-Mobile's myTouch 3G and G1 handset customers were sent a serving of Donut, the newest version of Google's Android operating system for mobile phones. While a glance at the home screen of Android 1.6 doesn't reflect much...
YouTube is celebrating the third anniversary of its acquisition by Google by showing off an awful lot of O's.
"Google Wave [is] a highly interactive communication environment," intones the official Wave Extension Design Principles document. "As such, it provides both rewards and challenges to programmers wishing to extend its functionality."
Google's Android operating system, native to T-Mobile's G1 and myTouch smartphones and due out soon in a number of new phones and even netbooks, is an impressively open and versatile platform. As with rival smartphone platforms -- Apple's iPhone OS, ...
Soap opera fans, listen up: The Liskula Cohen "Skanks in NYC" debacle is turning into quite the saucy story. In one corner, we have the former Vogue cover girl who claims she's been defamed by a blogger's harsh words. In the other, we have the blogge...
The recent Twitter hack, where a French hacker compromised internal Twitter documents by accessing the account of administrative assistant, among others, was essentially an attack on Google Docs. The reason is that Twitter outsourced their infrastruc...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Facebook further automates trending topics, ditches human-written descriptions
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Inside Amazon's, Facebook's and Google's self-serving 'philanthropy'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager XPLANNSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia