While iPhone users are often first to experience the latest games, Android users get apps that fully automate their phones and predict what they want to type next. Here are five apps that Android users can brag about to their iPhone-toting friends.
Go to a technology event or corporate meeting these days and you're bound to hear from a guest speaker. It's often someone like a retired politician telling war stories, or a new-age management guru delivering a thinly veiled pitch for their latest b...
Thanks to Android's flexible nature, you too can get your regular Samsung Galaxy S4 looking like the Google Play edition, without voiding your warranty. We show you how.
Take a drive on Highway 101 between Silicon Valley and San Francisco these days and you might see one of Google's driverless cars in the lane next to you. The vehicles are one of the most visible signs of the increasing amount of research going on in...
We've created a chart, pitting the ATIV Book 9 Plus against Acer's Aspire S7, Asus' Zenbook Infinity, Toshiba's KiraBook, Google's Chromebook Pixel and Apple's 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
With Google set to buy app-maker Waze, the question is whether Google actually needs the crowd-sourced traffic app or is simply trying to stick it to its competitors.
Thanks to iCloud, syncing an iPhone with a Mac is a piece of cake. But Mac users who don't buy into the whole "one vendor to rule them all" thing will find that syncing an Android phone with OS X isn't quite as easy. That said, it isn't terribly diff...
Google did its best to court developers at this year's I/O conference with a much-needed integrated developer environment, API for better games and the ability to more easily translate apps. Their allegiance will become increasingly important as smar...
For all the cool things that Google introduced at this year's I/O keynote, several of the items that the tech press definitely, absolutely, positively thought would be included in the presentation were curiously absent.
A variety of tools and services can help you keep track of all the stuff you need to take care of in your life. Here, we present the best to-do apps and services for the Android user who has way too many things to do.
It's been two years since Chromebooks running Google's Chrome OS appeared on store shelves. So far, Google's plan - to turn your Web browser into an operating system and websites into desktop-app replacements - does not appear to be catching on
What the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 lacks in looks, it makes up for in other areas. The Note 8.0 centers its user experience on the S Pen stylus, once a curio, now a staple of the Galaxy Note family.
Whether you're a stoic fan or you're just curious, read on through our round-up of some of the most interesting tower defense games in the Google Play store today.
Google has begun rolling out an updated Play Store app on Android devices which is expected to be available "over the next few weeks". Here's how to get the app right now.
It's official, and it's been official for a while -- Android is far and away the most popular smartphone OS in America. Ever since January 2011, when the platform surpassed RIM to take the top spot for the first time in comScore's monthly market shar...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCIteration Manager/ Sprint Manager- PenrithNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCOPA Developer (Oracle Policy Automation)ACT
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia