The tech industry's image can seem as sleek and glossy as the products it sells, but as oh-so-many of us know, geek isn't always synonymous with glamour. In fact, some tech careers are wretched: soul-killing factory work, mind-numbing support gigs, a...
Google officially unveiled its new Nexus 7 tablet last month but when can Aussies get their hands on it? In a few days, if you're willing to purchase from an online retailer.
Back in May, Google announced that it would sell a "Google Edition" version of the Samsung Galaxy S4. Unlike the regular Galaxy S4, the Google Edition device runs a stock version of Android, free from any Samsung-specific features and apps. Here's ho...
The Moto X is a revolutionary smartphone that will push everyday voice interaction with an artificial intelligence virtual assistant into the mainstream.
Now that Google has released Android 4.3, so begins the agonising process of figuring out which phones and tablets will get the upgrade, and when. Not surprisingly, most Android phone makers are being cagey about their upgrade plans.
While self-driving cars may be safe and efficient, they certainly won't be economical in terms of data storage, according to one big data strategist.
Sideloading refers to the process that allows you to run apps on your Android phone that don't come from an official source like the Google Play Store: Most Android phones have this option disabled by default, but turning it on takes less time than o...
While iPhone users are often first to experience the latest games, Android users get apps that fully automate their phones and predict what they want to type next. Here are five apps that Android users can brag about to their iPhone-toting friends.
Go to a technology event or corporate meeting these days and you're bound to hear from a guest speaker. It's often someone like a retired politician telling war stories, or a new-age management guru delivering a thinly veiled pitch for their latest b...
Thanks to Android's flexible nature, you too can get your regular Samsung Galaxy S4 looking like the Google Play edition, without voiding your warranty. We show you how.
Take a drive on Highway 101 between Silicon Valley and San Francisco these days and you might see one of Google's driverless cars in the lane next to you. The vehicles are one of the most visible signs of the increasing amount of research going on in...
We've created a chart, pitting the ATIV Book 9 Plus against Acer's Aspire S7, Asus' Zenbook Infinity, Toshiba's KiraBook, Google's Chromebook Pixel and Apple's 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
With Google set to buy app-maker Waze, the question is whether Google actually needs the crowd-sourced traffic app or is simply trying to stick it to its competitors.
Thanks to iCloud, syncing an iPhone with a Mac is a piece of cake. But Mac users who don't buy into the whole "one vendor to rule them all" thing will find that syncing an Android phone with OS X isn't quite as easy. That said, it isn't terribly diff...
Google did its best to court developers at this year's I/O conference with a much-needed integrated developer environment, API for better games and the ability to more easily translate apps. Their allegiance will become increasingly important as smar...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW