Microsoft's Bing search engine will provide English-language search results for Baidu, China's largest search engine, the companies announced Monday.
Google+ is awesome. Or -- at least -- I'm assuming it is. Although I've had an invitation to join Google's social networking experiment for several days, every time I attempt to check out the service I'm told "We've temporarily exceeded our capacity....
It's the hottest invitation in technology right now -- an e-mail telling you how to "learn more about Google+." If you get one, though, be careful about clicking on it. It may be spam.
Tech companies this week enjoyed an end-of-quarter market rally as concerns about the recovery abated somewhat and reports from market analysts indicated that IT spending would stay ahead of overall economic growth.
Nortel Networks has auctioned off its remaining patents and patent applications to a consortium of key technology companies for a cash purchase price of US$4.5 billion.
Google recently launched Google+, the company's latest attempt to get social networking right after its social disaster, Google Buzz. After trying out Google's new social network for several hours, I think Google may have finally figured out how to d...
Whether Google says so or not, Google+ is a direct shot at Facebook, a social networking project that attempts, from the ground up, to let users control who sees what. But building a new social network in the Facebook era isn't easy--even for Google-...
Microsoft signed two deals this week with companies that agreed to pay royalties for technology used in Android devices, following a similar deal the software giant made with HTC last year.
Microsoft is improving accommodations for Java developers on the Windows Azure cloud, with an upgraded plug-in for Eclipse-based software developers.
A post on Google Australia's blog yesterday announced the launch of Google +1 in Australia. The social recommendation system has been available in the US [[xref:http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/1s-right-recommendations-right-when-you.html|since...
Microsoft is pitching its cloud-based Office 365 as a less costly alternative for IT budgets, assuming IT managers can find money in their budgets for a migration.
An Oracle damages expert estimates that Google owes the company US$2.6 billion for alleged Java patent violations, according to a court filing made Tuesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
After a short delay, Acer has started shipping its AC700 laptop with Google's Chrome OS in the U.S., priced at US$349.
Apple's iOS and Google's Android smartphone platforms are more secure than traditional desktop-based operating systems, but are still susceptible to many existing categories of attacks, according to<a href="http://www.symantec.com/about/news/release/...
A French publishing company has filed suit against Google, alleging anti-competitive practices and claiming €295 million (US$420 million) in damages.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA