With Zagat's restaurant reviewing operation now in its arsenal, Google is in a position to radically change the daily deals market.
Facebook's willingness to agree to a voluntary code of conduct in Germany to protect users' data shows it is mindful of how the culture there contrasts with that in the U.S.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and Google CEO Larry Page must sit down and try to work out a settlement on September 19, according to a court order
Google designers are under a mandate to make the products' interfaces more appealing, simple and functional, a high-stakes challenge for all of them but in particular for the search team, because they're tinkering with the company's main revenue sour...
A software upgrade that went wrong caused parts of the Google Docs cloud-hosted office productivity suite to go offline for an hour on Wednesday, a situation the company is taking steps to prevent.
Three French publishers have dropped lawsuits against Google alleging that the company infringed their copyright.
Google is directly contacting users in Iran, who may have been compromised by a rogue SSL certificate, to recommend measures to secure their accounts.
Android fans should expect to see Ice Cream Sandwich, the next version of Google's mobile operating system, in October or November, according to Google’s executive chairman, Eric Schmidt. "We have a new [Android] operating system, internally known as...
The tools used to ring up sales have come a long way since the cash register. The first point-of-sale (POS) software for Microsoft Windows emerged in the early 1990s. POS systems have since evolved from souped-up cash registers that did nothing more ...
Smartphones can help you record video clips, compose music and find the nearest Ethiopian restaurant, but they can't cure acne, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said.
The judge overseeing the dispute between Oracle and Google "strongly recommends" that Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and Google CEO Larry Page be ordered to attend mediation.
If you're a prolific Google+ user, you may be unable to see all the posts you have published on your profile due to a bug in the social networking site that hides older posts, according to the company.
Google has acquired venerable restaurant ratings publisher Zagat to boost its online maps and local business listings with trustworthy reviews and recommendations, which Web surfers increasingly seek and value.
Shortly after agreeing to mediation with Google in its lawsuit over alleged Java patent violations in the Android mobile OS, Oracle has taken issue with the executive Google proposed to represent its side, saying he is not senior enough and was also ...
For years, Facebook users have been clamoring for better privacy controls and clarity, while Facebook engineers oscillate between improvements and major privacy snafus. Every now and then a new wave of exasperated users cry out "That's it, I'm leavin...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTL&D Consultant, Wealth AdvisorNSW
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - UX experience NeededNSW
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI Stack - NewcastleNSW
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD