Google's Android OS continues to gain on both Apple iOS and Research In Motion's BlackBerry platform in the growing US smartphone market, but often stodgy RIM is on the wish lists of some cutting-edge buyers, according to the Nielsen research company...
Chrome browser users will be able to access Gmail when they're not connected to the Internet starting Wednesday and will gain similar offline capabilities for Docs and Calendar in the coming week, the company announced on Wednesday.
A Dutch company that issues digital certificates used to authenticate websites said late Tuesday that several dozen other websites in addition to Google have been affected by a security breach.
Google said late Sunday that an attack mounted against its Gmail service targeted users primarily located in Iran, although the company has taken steps to block further interception attempts.
The start of the trial in Oracle's lawsuit against Google over alleged Java copyright and patent violations in the Android mobile OS could be delayed, according to a judge's ruling issued Monday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Cal...
Google appears to be getting ready to launch another offensive against website scrapers.
Apple is again rumored to be preparing to release a television set.
Google TV isn't ready to throw in the towel just yet. It will launch in Europe early next year despite a shaky start in the United States.
A year ago, Google acquired an up-and-coming maker of apps that plugged into social networks like MySpace and Facebook called Slide. Yesterday, it decided to hang an out of business sign on the operation.
Want to ignore that one cousin or co-worker who's bugging you on Google+? Now the new social networking site is giving you an option to do just that.
Apparently the age of "superpoking" social network friends and throwing sheep at them is coming to a close.
Google has received another setback in its vigorous efforts to keep a potentially damaging e-mail out of the lawsuit Oracle filed over alleged Java patent violations in the Android mobile OS.
As soon as the news hit late Wednesday that Steve Jobs was resigning as Apple's CEO, social networks heated up with traffic.
If you talk to your desktop PC, it's probably for all the wrong reasons -- usually to hurl expletives at the machine for not working properly. Well, users of the desktop version of Google Chrome now have a more productive reason to get chatty with th...
The bounty for any developer who manages to port Android to the TouchPad is growing, <a href="http://hacknmod.com/hack/hp-touchpad-android-1500-prize/">reaching more than US$2,100</a> on Thursday, just as one effort to execute the port struggles to g...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
- Lenovo tunes N23 Yoga Chromebook for Android apps with ARM processor
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
- HP recalls over 100,000 more laptop batteries for fire hazard
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- FTSystem EngineerVIC