Apparently the age of "superpoking" social network friends and throwing sheep at them is coming to a close.
Google has received another setback in its vigorous efforts to keep a potentially damaging e-mail out of the lawsuit Oracle filed over alleged Java patent violations in the Android mobile OS.
As soon as the news hit late Wednesday that Steve Jobs was resigning as Apple's CEO, social networks heated up with traffic.
If you talk to your desktop PC, it's probably for all the wrong reasons -- usually to hurl expletives at the machine for not working properly. Well, users of the desktop version of Google Chrome now have a more productive reason to get chatty with th...
The bounty for any developer who manages to port Android to the TouchPad is growing, <a href="http://hacknmod.com/hack/hp-touchpad-android-1500-prize/">reaching more than US$2,100</a> on Thursday, just as one effort to execute the port struggles to g...
Industry analysts have suspected that adding Google+ to the social networking mix would force Facebook to up its game. And it looks like that prediction is coming true.
While Facebook and Google+ may grab most of the headlines these days, social networking pioneer LinkedIn has been quietly establishing itself as the place for professionals to meet, converse and exchange information.
Despite Google+'s making a huge splash in the social networking world, rivals Facebook and Twitter continue to grow at dramatic rates.
Facebook announced Tuesday that it will be introducing a handful of privacy changes to their 750 million users. AllthingsD reports that the new privacy features will go into effect on August 25, initially to only one percent of all Facebook users.
The Google +1 button just got a lot more useful -- and a lot more like Facebook's "Like" button -- by adding the ability to share +1 recommendations with other people on Google+.
Google has agreed to pay $US500 million to settle allegations from the US government that it let online pharmacies in Canada use its AdWords system to advertise prescription drugs to US consumers, resulting in illegal importation of the medicines int...
WebOS wasn't really a bad operating system; it just never really had a purpose.
Yale University has notified about 43,000 faculty, staff, students and alumni that their names and Social Security numbers were publicly available via Google search for about 10 months.
Google on Monday patched 11 vulnerabilities in Chrome, including one of the rare bugs the company has deemed critical in its browser.
Google's Android operating system is now the most-targeted mobile platform for malware, according to McAfee's latest threat report.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD
- CCSenior Visual DesignerVIC
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project AdministratorVIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net & Oracle Developers - Agile, Digital/ Portal DevelopmentNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- CCMaximo Consultant - Asset ManagementVIC
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW