A report issued last week that claimed users of Microsoft's Internet Explorer have lower IQs than those who run rival browsers was a hoax.
Google's chief legal officer Wednesday issued a stinging rebuke of what he called "bogus patent" attacks on the Android operating system by major competitors like Apple, Oracle and Microsoft.
Microsoft today launched a $250,000 contest for researchers who develop defensive security technologies that deal with entire classes of exploits.
Data centers have been using less electricity than you think ... or at least, compared with what they have in the past.
Hacker group LulzSec ("the world's leaders in high-quality entertainment at your expense") has had its initial Google+ account nixed this week, though LulzSec has quickly and brashly re-emerged with a new one
Google patched 30 vulnerabilities in Chrome today, paying out the third-highest bounty total ever for the bugs that outsiders filed with its security team.
The stable version of Google Chrome 13 is now available. It features Instant Pages, which pre-renders top Google search results before the user even clicks on them.
Bing is a big money-loser for Microsoft, shedding billions of dollars per year, but the company is far from giving up on beating Google in the search engine wars.
The latest global market-share estimates for smartphones are out. And as we've come to expect from these regular exercises in mobile OS number-crunching, the news is bright for Apple and Google, but a bit bleak for Nokia, Research In Motion (RIM), an...
Google wants a judge to throw out Java copyright infringement claims Oracle has lodged against the Android mobile OS, based partly on 17-year-old testimony from an unlikely source: Google executive chairman and former CEO Eric Schmidt.
Google is organizing a series of Android Developer Labs (ADLs) that aim to help developers convert their<a href="http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2011/08/android-developer-labs-2011.html">existing smartphone applications to run on Honeycomb-bas...
Google and LivingSocial are expanding in the booming shopping discounts market with new acquisitions announced Monday.
Microsoft's long and steady decline in browser market share continued in July, but there is one bright spot for Redmond: Among Windows 7 PC owners, Internet Explorer is gaining, albeit only slightly.
A new Android Trojan is capable of recording phone conversations, according to a CA security researcher.
Google has acquired more than 1,000 patents from IBM in order to pad its portfolio. Patent litigation is a theater of the absurd in most cases, but it has evolved into a standard business practice among tech companies, and Google needs more fodder to...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW