I had to laugh when I read about Facebook's latest effort to woo businesses. While Facebook wants to look like its well ahead of Google + in the commercial uses of social networking, its track record of dealing with users suggests that businesses sho...
Facebook's move today to follow Google, Mozilla and Hewlett-Packard in offering bounties for bugs got a unanimous thumbs up from security researchers.
Google+ on Thursday hit its one-month birthday and is already a major social networking player, analysts say.
Showered with intense praise and criticism during its first month out in a limited beta trial, Google+ has eluded the failures of other Google social networking efforts, but it's too early to tell if it will fulfill its ultimate mission as a Facebook...
Facebook is going to pay hackers to find problems with its website -- just so long as they report them to Facebook's security team first.
Google wants the judge overseeing the lawsuit Oracle filed over the Android mobile OS to redact a potentially damaging e-mail written by a Google employee, saying it was supposed to remain confidential and that Oracle wrongly revealed it.
Google <a href="http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/2-step-verification-stay-safe-around.html">said Thursday</a> that it has rolled out its two-step authentication sign-in system to 40 languages across over 150 countries.
Google has developed a hosted service that analyzes Web pages, rewrites their code to make them perform better and serves them up from Google servers.
The U.S. Department of Justice has asked Google for more information on its proposed acquisition of display advertising optimization firm, Admeld, Google said on Wednesday.
Where are the users? That's what popular websites including Yahoo, Google and Facebook are asking the Internet engineering community when they are questioned about their long-range plans to deploy IPv6.
After weeks of explosive growth, the Google+ social networking site saw its traffic and usage drop last week, according to Hitwise.
Google yesterday updated Chrome to work better in Apple's Lion, adding support for the operating system's default two-fingered page-swiping gesture.
Google already allows Gmail users to exchange chat messages with mobile phone users via SMS in 23 countries worldwide, but now French mobile phone operator Orange wants to help the search giant extend the service across Africa and the Middle East.
Google has improved its +1 button to make it load and perform faster on Web pages that feature it.
SAP is planning to connect its analytics software with Google's Maps and Earth software, allowing users to mine insights from plotting business data against locations around the world, the companies announced Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT