India's communications ministry has been asked by the home ministry to monitor social networking websites such as Twitter and Facebook amid fears that the services are being used by terrorists to plan attacks.
Seesmic is a social networking app that allows users to manage their Chatter, Facebook, Google Buzz, Salesforce, and Twitter accounts. Though Seesmic delivers on its promise to let users manage their various social media accounts, the application is ...
Inviting friends to Google+ is a lot more straightforward now. That's welcome news to users of the Internet search leader's growing social networking service.
One of Google's self-driving cars got into an accident earlier this week. But Google is claiming the auto-pilot-equipped Prius was actually flipped into manual mode when the accident happened, making this a case of user error.
Google's real-names policy for its social networking service has created a tempest that could have easily been avoided.
A 10-year-old California girl's presentation at a hacker conference in Las Vegas is getting a lot of attention.
This week's war of words over software patents and Android has seen both Microsoft and Google get off some pretty good shots about Android and software patents. No matter who's really right here though, one thing's for certain: We're bored.
What's new in the land of security fixes? Over the last couple weeks, Apple released a fix to iOS, Google updated Chrome, and Skype patched a nasty server-side bug. Read on to get caught up on the latest patches.
Oracle has asked an Illinois court to force Motorola to hand over information relevant to Oracle's lawsuit against Google.
In an escalation of Android patent battles, Microsoft said it urged Google's legal team to join Microsoft in buying up hundreds of Nortel patents, but Google refused.
Google+ is going great guns right out of the gate, with the site starting out far better than rivals Facebook, Twitter and Myspace did.
A potentially damning e-mail from a Google engineer will be permitted at trial in Oracle's lawsuit against the search giant, a judge ordered on Thursday.
Skype has released version 2.1 of its application for Android, which allows more smartphones and tablets based on Google's operating system to use its video calling feature, it said in a blog post on Thursday.
Google's chief legal officer today accused rivals Microsoft, Oracle and Apple of "a hostile, organized campaign against Android ... waged through bogus patents."
A report issued last week that claimed users of Microsoft's Internet Explorer have lower IQs than those who run rival browsers was a hoax.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- CCUX LeadNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- TPJava Developer -- ContractWA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantSA
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT