Minnesota Sen. Al Franken is one of most vocal politicians in Washington when it comes to the issue of mobile privacy. In April, he sent letters to both Apple and Google asking if and how they collect location data on their users.
Google has launched a tool to help people monitor online mentions of their names and take action to protect their reputation when they find objectionable references and information.
In an effort to accelerate the rendering of Web pages in users' computers, Google has developed a search feature that predictively preloads pages before users click on result links.
Google has applied for the necessary license to continue operating its online maps in China as the deadline for obtaining government approval approaches.
China is blocking searches on Google and microblogs for the name of a Chinese city where protests have erupted against local authorities. The move is part of an effort to suppress information on the rioting.
Google removed more malware-infected applications from its Android Market last week, according to a security researcher who reported the rogue software to the company.
Facebook may not be having its initial public offering until sometime in 2012 but its potential valuation is already generating a lot of buzz.
Apple's new version of its desktop operating system is expected to allow quick access to the Internet without having to log back in when your system is locked.
I love my hometown of San Francisco. Great weather, great views, great food. But terrible radio. So when I'm driving, I've developed the habit of tuning into Pandora on an iPhone that I link to my car radio. Like a lot of other AT&T customers, I'...
Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth is a big fan of Google Chrome, and says the browser could replace the standard Firefox in future versions of Ubuntu Linux.
Using Google Chrome browser cuts Web page download times by 10 per cent to 20 per cent if the sites use Google's fast Web protocol, according to acceleration company Strangeloop, which now supports the technology.
Hoping to further boost its position in display advertising, Google scooped up Admeld, a company that aims to simplify the display ad buying process, the companies said Monday.
Google has issued a stern warning to Web publishers that carry its ads after noticing that some of them are improperly altering ad formats, behavior and targeting.
Microsoft is trying to woo Android application developers, offering them help in porting applications to Windows Phone.
Fans of Linux, Microsoft and Macs used to be able to search for information about those topics on Google using specialized search tools that narrowed the results to a focused set of highly relevant Web sites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Senators want warrant protections for US email stored overseas
- Celebrity hacker Guccifer's confession gives us all a lesson in security
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia