Google recently launched Google+, the company's latest attempt to get social networking right after its social disaster, Google Buzz. After trying out Google's new social network for several hours, I think Google may have finally figured out how to d...
Whether Google says so or not, Google+ is a direct shot at Facebook, a social networking project that attempts, from the ground up, to let users control who sees what. But building a new social network in the Facebook era isn't easy--even for Google-...
Microsoft signed two deals this week with companies that agreed to pay royalties for technology used in Android devices, following a similar deal the software giant made with HTC last year.
Microsoft is improving accommodations for Java developers on the Windows Azure cloud, with an upgraded plug-in for Eclipse-based software developers.
A post on Google Australia's blog yesterday announced the launch of Google +1 in Australia. The social recommendation system has been available in the US [[xref:http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/1s-right-recommendations-right-when-you.html|since...
Microsoft is pitching its cloud-based Office 365 as a less costly alternative for IT budgets, assuming IT managers can find money in their budgets for a migration.
An Oracle damages expert estimates that Google owes the company US$2.6 billion for alleged Java patent violations, according to a court filing made Tuesday in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
After a short delay, Acer has started shipping its AC700 laptop with Google's Chrome OS in the U.S., priced at US$349.
Apple's iOS and Google's Android smartphone platforms are more secure than traditional desktop-based operating systems, but are still susceptible to many existing categories of attacks, according to<a href="http://www.symantec.com/about/news/release/...
A French publishing company has filed suit against Google, alleging anti-competitive practices and claiming €295 million (US$420 million) in damages.
Microsoft said it remains committed to HealthVault, its service that lets users store all their medical information in one place, despite <a href="http://www.cio.com/article/685090/Google_Shuts_Down_Health_Energy_Services">Google's announcement last ...
Apple's iPad owns the tablet market, according to a new study of Internet traffic in the U.S., but that doesn't mean the competition is going away.
Swedish broadband equipment maker Tilgin has launched Simba, a platform for home gateways that can handle gigabit speeds. The availability of cheaper components has made developing Simba possible, the company said on Monday.
Google plans to shut down two services that proved unpopular: Google Health and Google PowerMeter.
Oracle's lawsuit against Google over alleged Java patent violations in the Android OS is facing a potential setback, following a ruling by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW