Until this year, Google Ventures partner Rich Miner recommended to mobile application startups funded by his company that they start out by developing for Apple's iOS rather than Android.
Google is launching on Tuesday a redesigned Android Market client for phones that is intended to better showcase top applications and features an improved UI and faster downloading of products.
Research in Motion says its two-year-old BlackBerry App World has crossed the 1 billion app download mark and that a beta version of the app store upgrade is on the way.
It "appears possible" that Google knew that its Android mobile operating system would violate Java patents held by Oracle, but decided to go ahead with the effort anyway, the judge overseeing the companies' intellectual property lawsuit said in a let...
It became standard procedure in recent years for Internet companies to launch early test versions of their newest services with hooks for external developers, but Google is bucking that trend with its Google+ social network.
The Google+ social networking site malfunctioned this weekend, spamming its users with repeated notifications via e-mail.
Google has agreed to send its chairman, Eric Schmidt, to testify in front of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee's Antitrust Subcommittee, which is investigating competition issues in Internet search.
After major privacy failures in its Buzz and Street View services, Google has hit the right notes with its deliberate, measured roll out of its new Google+ social networking site, according to privacy experts.
Oracle this week filed what is likely the first of several requests that the patent office reconsider its initial rejection of a patent relevant to Oracle's legal dispute with Google.
The two-week stock market rally in technology, among other sectors of the economy, came to a screeching halt Friday as the U.S. Bureau of Labor issued its monthly jobs survey.
Google's other social networking site, Orkut, which has been around for about seven years and has tens of millions of users worldwide, will continue to operate alongside the new Google+ for now.
News Corp. will close its weekly U.K. newspaper News of the World amid allegations that the tabloid hacked into the mobile voicemail accounts of celebrities, the British royal family, and crime victims.
The business world is littered with examples of companies that failed to identify and enter new markets (think Blockbuster). And then there are those that do well in their core market, but because that area grows less relevant over time the companies...
Will handset makers maintain their dedication to Android if they have to pay to license it? That's the question experts following Google's battle with Oracle are asking, and some of them think the answer is no.
Most Android tablets currently on the market appear to scream "me too". Samsung appears to be trying to change these similarities with its upcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA