Google has decided to close its <a href="http://www.googlelabs.com/">Labs</a> initiative as part of the company's efforts to streamline its product portfolio and focus its development efforts.
Google has offered the first public indication that it may be willing to settle Oracle's lawsuit against it over the alleged infringement of Java patents in Google's Android OS.
InterDigital on Tuesday said it was considering selling the company, and now the Wall Street Journal, citing unnamed sources, <a href="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904233404576457842513189166.html">said Google is interested in scoopi...
Google has started warning some search users of malware on their computers, after it found unusual search traffic coming through a small number of intermediary servers called proxies.
In Google's early days, founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin argued that answering email complaints would be a waste of time, and that Googlers should fix problems behind the scenes without interacting directly with users, according to a former Google...
Apple is expected to report enormous profits this quarter thanks in no small part to record iPad sales of 7.7 million units. But I'm still holding out for a better tablet.
When Google+ launched late last month, Google released an Android app for the service and promised that an iOS app would join it soon; on Tuesday, Google delivered with an official native client for Apple's mobile platform.
Google will offer a Google+ app for the iPad and iPod Touch "soon," a company product manager said today.
The 2011 American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) E-Business Report has arrived, and once again the news is bad for Facebook. The world's most popular social network scored the lowest of all the companies measured in the report, which is produced ...
Isis, the mobile-payments joint venture that includes three U.S. national mobile operators, said Tuesday that Visa, MasterCard and American Express have signed on to support the project.
User satisfaction with Facebook is low enough that the social networking site risks losing significant market share to Google+, according to a new study.
Google+ may be getting some attention it doesn't want -- from Anonymous, which says it will target the new social networking site that launched last month.
Tom Anderson has been out of the social network game for years, but lately it seems like he wants to get back in. The MySpace founder has become one of the most active and followed users on Google+ since its launch, and he also spends plenty of time ...
URL shortening services that allow you to truncate lengthy Web addresses into shorter links have been around for a while now, but today Google announced g.co, a new URL shortener that links only to official Google products and services.
Google has unveiled an incremental release of the Android platform featuring optimizations for a wider range of tablets and a compatibility enhancement for fixed-size applications.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
- Yahoo pushes back timing of Verizon deal after breaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC