Google's announcement last week of its mobile payment system Google Wallet has attracted a fair amount of skepticism and praise from journalists, bloggers and security experts.
Google will roll out over the next two weeks an interface module for Gmail that displays contextual information about people involved in a message's thread.
PayPal and parent eBay have filed a suit against Google and two former executives alleging that they have misappropriated their trade secrets in the area of mobile payments and point-of-sale strategies.
The Google Wallet service announced by Google, MasterCard, Citi and several US retailers represents a bold move by Google to enter the world of brick-and-mortar commerce.
Microsoft is putting together a Web-based version of its application store for Windows Phone 7 smartphones, in the fashion of leading app stores from Apple and Google. The Web-based Windows Phone 7 Marketplace will arrive this autumn, in time for the...
Now that Google has officially released its Google Wallet mobile payment platform, here are five things you need to know about it.
While Google had some notable partners at the launch of its mobile payment platform, the companies that weren't there could end up determining the success of the project.
Google on Thursday unveiled a mobile wallet platform and field tests in New York and San Francisco that will let people with special phones pay for goods in retail shops by tapping the phones against a payment terminal.
Yahoo, the perennial leader in U.S. display advertising, has lost its number-one spot in that market segment to arch-rival Google, according to an IDC report released on Thursday.
Google started collecting data for its Street View project in Bangalore on Thursday, but is being very careful not to run into controversies about privacy or government concerns about security, a company executive said.
By June, the number of Google Map queries that come from mobile devices will permanently surpass the number of queries coming from desktop computers, Google Vice President Marissa Mayer revealed Wednesday.
Google on Tuesday patched several vulnerabilities in Chrome, including two a French security company said could be used to bypass the browser's anti-exploit technology.
A U.S. senator wants Apple and Google to require some applications in their mobile app stores to have privacy policies as a way to protect users against location tracking.
The federal judge overseeing the Java patent litigation between Oracle and Google has said it might be necessary to delay a trial until U.S. authorities finish re-examining a number of Oracle's patents, a process that could take years.
Slowly but surely, the Amazon tablet is becoming one of the biggest tech rumors of 2011.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New ads in Google Maps might suggest a pit stop at McDonalds
- New DMA Locker ransomware is ramping up for widespread attacks
- The legal mumbo jumbo on popular mobile apps can take over 24 hours to read
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC