Microsoft is trying to woo Android application developers, offering them help in porting applications to Windows Phone.
Fans of Linux, Microsoft and Macs used to be able to search for information about those topics on Google using specialized search tools that narrowed the results to a focused set of highly relevant Web sites.
It looks increasingly like Android will be the major challenger to both Apple's iPhone and iPad.
One day after completing a successful 24-hour trial of IPv6, Facebook, Google and Yahoo said at a joint press conference that they would begin permanently supporting this upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol on some of their key web...
Google is running into trouble over its new Chromebook laptops before they even launch -- one company is claiming trademark foul. ISYS Technologies claims the name 'Chromebook' infringes on its trademarks, and has asked a Utah district court for an i...
Sprint, Samsung and Google are investigating customer complaints about problems with Nexus S smartphone connections and the deletion of photos taken with the devices, a Sprint spokesman said.
Tablet makers who want to compete with Apple have to cut the prices of their products, Richard Windsor, global technology specialist at Nomura Securities, said during a presentation at the Open Mobile Summit in London on Thursday.
Google has created a new level in its enterprise reseller program to recognize channel partners with the highest revenue and customer satisfaction.
While Google's software can't make the trains run on time, it can now tell you just how late they'll be.
More than 5,000 iOS developers are in San Francisco for Apple's big party at the Worldwide Developers Conference, but a new report says the hippest place to be is the Android Market. The study, from Bluevia and Vision Mobile, found that 67 per cent o...
Google has released an update for its Chrome browser, bringing security and 3D improvements.
The next edition of Java has been approved by a Java Community Process executive committee, but not without some acrimony.
Apple's strategy isn't about making money with iCloud, analysts said today. Instead, it's all about using the free service to keep customers and battle Google for smartphone and tablet supremacy.
It's been billed by its organizers as the most important day for the future of the Internet, but so far World IPv6 Day has probably served to confirm what the industry already knows about the 128-bit protocol on which the 21st century digital society...
With World IPV6 Day in full swing, the test flight of the Internet's new communications protocol is going smoothly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Specialist - TelcoQLD
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- CCApplication Senior Project ManagerACT
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Writer / Instructional Designer - 3 mth contact - ASAP StartNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT