Cyberattacks on U.S. networks by other nations may not always demand the same level of retaliation, and only attacks that cause major damage or loss of life should prompt similar responses, a group of national security experts said Wednesday.
YouTube has introduced a new channel in India that offers blockbuster Indian movies for free to viewers, and landed Intel as a major sponsor.
Google is redirecting visitors to its Kazakhstan site, google.kz, to a page in Kazakh at google.com, after the country's government warned it would begin enforcing a nine-month-old rule requiring .kz domain names to point to servers in the country
Warm mangos, Pandas and Alan Greenspan: these were among the wide range of topics that came up during the characteristically humorous keynote by Google’s Matt Cutts at the end of the first day of the Search Marketing Expo in Seattle.
A new document in a year-old patent lawsuit filed by Oracle against Google over Android intellectual property suggests Oracle could be seeking huge damages from Google.
A small number of Internet users will experience delays or time-outs as they attempt to visit Facebook, Google, Yahoo and other popular websites tonight and tomorrow, due to a 24-hour trial of a new Internet standard called IPv6.
After helping to hatch the plan for World IPv6 Day set for Wednesday, a senior network engineer at Facebook is raring to test the site's reworked network.
Google has started using individual authors not just the publications they write for as one of its criteria for ranking search engine results.
Google is tying its Analytics and Webmaster Tools applications more closely together in an effort to give Web publishers a joint view of internal site traffic and search engine optimization (SEO) data.
Oracle wants a significant chunk of the ad revenue Google generates in connection with its Android mobile OS, according to a filing made this week in the companies' ongoing patent litigation suit.
Hundreds of popular websites -- including Google, Facebook, Yahoo and Bing -- are participating in a 24-hour trial of a new Internet standard called IPv6 on June 8, prompting worries that hackers will exploit weaknesses in this emerging technology to...
When it comes to saving data center energy few companies would have the expertise of Google, which has some of the largest data centers in the world. It has or is experimenting with some interesting ideas to cool data centers more efficiently as well...
Verizon Wireless is violating U.S. Federal Communications Commission rules by blocking users from using third-party tethering applications on Android smartphones, media reform group Free Press said in a complaint to the FCC Monday.
When Google announced that hackers had gone after Gmail users, the company noted that they specifically targeted U.S. government officials and military personnel.
Microsoft has presented the Windows 8 user interface and displayed various devices on which the next version of Windows will run.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Malware from Friday's DDoS attack continues to harass in short bursts
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBI Program DirectorNSW
- FTApplications ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst | GovernmentQLD
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- TPJunior Project ManagerSA
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- CCIntegrated logistics support Manager (ILS)ACT
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW