The browser address bar isn't going anywhere, an add-on developer and former contributor to Firefox said today.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are working on deemphasizing your browser's address bar to maximize screen space and put the focus on web apps instead of websites.
Google's <a href="http://books.google.com/help/ebooks/overview.html">eBooks</a> electronic bookstore now contains about 3 million free titles, up from 2 million when it was launched in December.
So you're the proud possessor of a shiny new Android tablet. Now what?
Netbook and tablet users looking for more screen space to display content from their favorite websites are getting some help from a pair of popular Internet browsers.
There is rampant speculation that Apple will soon join Amazon and Google to offer a service to store your music in the cloud and stream it to your devices.
Apple has struck deals with three of the top four music labels that will let consumers access their digital music collections from mobile devices like the company's iPhone, several reports said this week.
Google has upgraded the mobile site for Maps, which is one of the company's most popular online services, adding features found on the version for desktop browsers.
Google has launched a financial advice service in the U.S. to let users explore credit, mortgages and bank accounts based on their personal profiles, but without giving too much personal information to the bank.
Google is standing its ground when it comes to enforcing -- or rather, not enforcing -- an anti-piracy law that would require ISPs to terminate the Internet connections of copyright infringers. The controversial law has been met with resistance from ...
Another day, another report saying Android rules the smartphone world, this time from Gartner.
Google will not be building a facial recognition search system, even though facial recognition technology is quickly advancing. According to The Telegraph, Google's executive chairman, Eric Schmidt, believes the "surprising accuracy" of facial recog...
Google has always been known for fast and easy-to-use Web services loved by consumers. Google has never been known for the kind of dedicated support enterprise IT shops demand from technology vendors.
Android has further consolidated its status as the leading global smartphone operating system, according to data released by both Gartner and the Millennial Media mobile ad network.
Apple may have online music streaming deals in place with all four major U.S. music labels in time for the company's Worldwide Developers Conference on June 6, according to online rumors. The company recently signed a deal with EMI Music and is clos...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- Cyberspies stole secrets from industrial giant ThyssenKrupp
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer | WebNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTUX ResearcherVIC