Google and Yahoo are expanding their use of a successful system used to detect spam.
Google will require Android devices capable of decent cryptographic performance to enable full-disk encryption by default in order to be declared compatible with Android 6.0.
Google is trying to draw more businesses away from Office with a new offer that gives them Apps for free while they serve out their contract with Microsoft.
Google Books, the project to digitize the world's printed works, is fair use under US copyright law, a federal appeals court ruled Friday.
Google and WhatsApp announced Wednesday that users of the popular messaging service will be able to back up their data through Google Drive in the near future.
Google and Microsoft have put a bunch of lawsuits behind them with a legal settlement affecting around 20 outstanding patent infringement lawsuits between the two companies in both the U.S. and Germany.
Pixel C vs. Surface 3: fight!
Macquairie University in Australia has told staff it will switch their email accounts from Google Apps to Microsoft's hosted Office 365 service after Google announced plans to host the data in the U.S.
Google continues to extend its reach into the living room with the unveiling of two second-generation Chromecasts.
Google's self-driving car fleet is expanding fast and in the last four months the number of cars it is permitted to drive on California streets has more than tripled.
The FCC database indicates the upcoming LG 5X will work on all major US carriers and carry a 5.2-inch screen.
Google has finally brought its note-taking app to iOS, more than two years after launching it on Android.
Getting insights out of big data is typically neither quick nor easy, but Google is aiming to change all that with a new, managed service for Hadoop and Spark.
Transportation technology is advancing quickly and will soon change the way we get from point A to point B. Here are the most promising advances, from hyperloops to autonomous vehicles to re-imagined personal transport devices.
The latest version of a walking, quadruped battlefield robot from Boston Dynamics, the military robotics maker owned by Google X, was tested by U.S. Marines last week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW