Build your app with Gradle, then run it on an Android device emulator or Kindle Fire tablet
If you're new to Android Studio, start here. Part 1 walks through installing Android Studio and launching your first Android project
The changeup means continued polish, refinements, and bug fixes will come to Nougat in a less haphazard manner than previous Android iterations.
Large numbers of Mac users report receiving unexpected installation dialogs for Google Earth.
Three years after introducing special apps that run inside the Chrome browser, Google announced Friday that it will be removing them from Windows, Mac and Linux by early 2018.
The dev channel's new tab page includes recommended articles and recent bookmarks laid out in the familiar stream of cards.
Google is continuing its campaign to entice enterprises to its public cloud platform by rolling out database services stable enough to serve businesses in production.
The no-frills FaceTime competitor is simple to use and gives you a peek at the video right from your lock screen.
Nobody quite knows what it's for (yet), but according to Android Police, it can run on just about any kind of device.
The +1 button is disappearing and a Google+ profile might not be needed anymore for posting a review.
Google has acquired Orbitera, a startup that's supposed to make it easier for software vendors to sell cloud-based products to businesses.
Some Android users have a better mechanism to tell Google their favorite bands, sports teams, movies, people, and more.
The predictive service is always a work in progress, and the latest tweaks might make it a more useful aide for your day.
Google says the latest version can save you as much as 50 percent data usage by flipping on data saver mode.
The new initiative with the weird name is designed to quickly grant you entry into your Android apps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA