Google Earth users can do more than just fly around a virtual globe. The free mapping application can display real-time weather, help compose photographs and measure distances much more easily than its Maps cousin.
Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
Searching Google is a quick way to find information, but more advanced functions can help users find more helpful information faster.
Want to send someone a photo, screenshot, or other image? If you're a Gmail user, there's only one option: attach the item(s) to the message. That's all well and good, but what if you want to embed an image in the body of the e-mail? Scan the toolbar...
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 officially launched late Monday and is ready for download here.
If you're one of Gmail's 193 million users worldwide, you probably rely on the service -- and its add-ons -- every day. Popular among users for its customization features, Google constantly adds to its arsenal of Labs and brings new features mainstre...
Picture this: You're sitting down
Google Docs is becoming a more robust cloud-based productivity suite, and the addition of uploading, storing and viewing videos is a boon for sharing corporate presentations and the like. It's also a slick way to skirt your company's firewall on stre...
Google launched its Apps Marketplace back in March, effectively inviting companies to create business software for the cloud that would sit alongside the standard set of Google Apps.
Google's Android operating system is riding a wave of popularity that has rapidly eclipsed Apple's iOS, and by the end of 2010 it's expected to overtake RIM's BlackBerry as the world's leading smartphone platform. However, despite the relative openne...
We explain how to turn your raw video footage into a presentable production using Windows Live Essentials Movie Maker, a free download for Windows 7.
Many people log on to Facebook primarily for fun, but businesses are increasingly turning to the social networking site as an advertising gold mine. By placing ads on Facebook, you can zero in on a select portion of some half a billion users accordin...
Smartphones are meant to make our lives easier--or at least more connected to people we want to communicate with--so why does typing on them sometimes seem on a par with performing root canal surgery?
Ever wish you could watch that piano-playing cat at 35,000 feet? Alas, YouTube requires a live Internet connection, and Wi-Fi is still pretty hard to find in the friendly skies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 65 million Tumblr account records are up for sale on the underground market
- Overclockers have pushed Intel's new Broadwell chip to 5.7GHz
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC