Google+ was a late but welcomed arrival to social media scene about three years ago. However, Google's answer to Facebook has failed to provide real competition. Here's a look at 10 ways the search engine king as fallen down with Google+.
Google+ in pictures
Samsung Electronics has agreed to buy Viv Labs, an artificial intelligence startup created the team behind Siri.
The deconstruction of Google+ continues, with another key service moving over to a more successful property.
Google+ Hangouts on Air is dropping the "plus," and Google's flailing social network.
The +1 button is disappearing and a Google+ profile might not be needed anymore for posting a review.
Those invited to a shared album can now comment and get 'smart' suggestions about which photos to add.
Whitepapers about Google+
From “hangouts” to “communities,” Google+ has a lot to offer to brands looking to engage audiences and refine their strategies on this social platform. The Google+ Update, by Oracle Social Cloud (#OracleSocial), includes an overview of new features and functionality, user demographics, industry trends, and a review of best practices that will help increase the likelihood of user engagement and aid in a brand’s success in this channel.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- TPIT Security AdvisorACT
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT