Oracle has come under considerable fire over the years for its restrictive license terms and aggressive audit program, but it appears at least some change is on the way.
Executives at electronics and industrial giant Toshiba resigned on Tuesday after a committee reviewing its earnings said the company padded its operating profit by about ¥156 billion ($US1.25 billion) over six years to the end of 2014.
Amazon.com has published its first transparency report describing how it has responded to requests from law enforcers for information about its customers.
Datameer is giving its native Hadoop environment new data governance capabilities in an effort to help organizations tackle data quality, security and compliance problems stemming from the growing use of analytics tools by business users.
The prospect of automation has long sparked fears of jobs lost to robotic replacements, but typically such worries have focused on blue-collar and other low-level positions. Well, the Institute for the Future has a message for all those in the upper ...
As the dwindling number of IPv4 addresses starts to cause problems for organizations around the world, time has come to roll out IPv6 on a larger scale and leave behind dead-end technologies that delay the inevitable, according to the chief of the re...
What level of control governments should exert over the Internet emerged early in ICANN's meeting this week as a primary sticking point, with the representative from France advocating for more state control and the U.K. arguing for less.
ICANN CEO Fadi Chehadé hopes to make progress on the split with the U.S. government and convince critics that the organization is on the right track when it meets in London next week.
After a brief but influential stint, Stephen Luczo, chairman and CEO of Seagate Technology, is leaving Microsoft's board of directors.
Software as a service is here to stay. So CIOs need the tools to manage their sprawling portfolios of SaaS applications with the same rigor they use for on-premise software.
If there were a relatively straightforward way for an IT leader to boost his company's bottom line by millions of dollars a year, chances are he wouldn't ignore it. But that's just what many CIOs are doing as a result of poor outsourcing management.
WSO2 will launch on Monday WSO2 Cloud Platform, for extending SOA into cloud computing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW