Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
More than a month after it went live, a couple of large questions remain about the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched launch of HealthCare.gov.
Sure, plenty of enterprise software projects go just fine and end up giving customers all the things vendors promise: lower operating costs, streamlined operations and happier users.
Students at a U.S. military graduate school in California are mining social media with new methods that may change the way the armed forces collect intelligence overseas.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityVIC
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Multiple RolesSA
- FTSenior Project AdministratorNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCData Analyst - Excel focusedACT
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC