Major sponsors of cyberwarfare forces are reaching a state of deterrence resembling the mutually assured destruction in nuclear weapons standoffs, former U.S. national intelligence director Dennis Blair said Tuesday.
To protect themselves against cyberattacks, organizations should focus more on training their employees and improving their internal processes instead of buying new technology, according to one tech vendor.
India has said it will use open source software in all e-governance projects, though it did not rule out the use of proprietary software to meet specialized requirements.
It came as a shock to just about no one in the cybersecurity industry that China has a cyberware unit, which was acknowledged by the government there this week.
The U.S. Department of State expects its main unclassified email system to be back in operation later Monday after security upgrades, but wider Internet access could take longer to get back online.
BlackBerry is returning to the tablet market -- this time with the help of Samsung Electronics, IBM and Secusmart, the German encryption specialist BlackBerry bought last year.
The U.S. Department of State will shut down its unclassified email system for a short time to clean up malware that may have resided there since late last year.
In an effort to stop the U.S. government from spying on Wikipedia's readers and editors, the Wikimedia Foundation will sue the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Justice (DOJ).
Mass Internet surveillance endangers fundamental human rights and has not helped to prevent terrorist attacks, a top European human rights body concluded after analyzing documents leaked by Edward Snowden in 2013.
Information entered into the U.S. government's health insurance website is being passed to companies such as Twitter, Yahoo and Google, according to a report from the Associated Press.
U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation access to overseas surveillance collected by sister organization the National Security Agency has expanded in recent years, with the law enforcement agency gaining access to collected but unprocessed data in 2009,...
The White House has declined to act on two petitions, collectively signed by 90,000 people, that called for the president to fire the federal prosecutors who charged the late Internet activist Aaron Swartz with computer hacking.
To better anticipate the next Sandy-size hurricane, the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is upgrading the supercomputers it uses for predicting the weather.
Three out of three? That could be the score for the U.S. National Security Agency's cryptographic "most wanted" list of 2012.
More than a dozen Romanian non-governmental organizations are protesting new cybersecurity legislation passed by the parliament last week that would force businesses to provide the country's national intelligence agencies with access to their data wi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT