CeBIT 2015 kicked off at Sydney Olympic Park with the usual day one mix of keynotes and the trade show. The Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, delivered a keynote address - via video link. The Lord Mayor of Sydney, Clover Moore, and MSW Minister for Finance, Services and Property, Dominic Perrottet, also spoke. This slideshow looks at the ever popular trade show. Photographer IAN SHARP was there to catch the action.
government in pictures
CeBIT 2015 kicked off at Sydney Olympic Park with the usual day one mix of keynotes and the trade show. The Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, delivered a keynote address - via video link. The Lord Mayor of Sydney, Clover Moore, and MSW Minister for Finance, Services and Property, Dominic Perrottet, also spoke. Photographer IAN SHARP was there to catch the action.
"Information wants to be free," the saying goes. But what if the information in question consists of state secrets, copyrighted material or is simply something a government doesn't want its citizens to see?
Service NSW is the first government agency in Australia to adopt Google’s cashless Android Pay service.
What next for digital policy, cyber security, NBN and skills shortages?
Michelle Rowland has been appointed shadow minister for communications, with Labor leader Bill Shorten today unveiling a new-look shadow ministry.
Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull, has reshuffled the Turnbull frontbench, naming Greg Hunt as minister for industry, innovation and science. In addition, all members of his previous cabinet are reappointed, with some of them shifting into new roles.
An investigation into the use of a personal email system for official communications by Hillary Clinton, while she was secretary of state, has been closed with no charges filed, U.S. Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch said Wednesday.
Cisco’s internet traffic forecast describes a sobering explosion of traffic growth and exposes government nbn plans as woefully inadequate
Cisco has delivered its annual Visual Networking Index internet traffic forecast which predicts traffic growth going out to 2020. Previous forecasts have been within 10% accuracy but it was noted that the 2010 prediction figures for 2015 were within ...
Malcolm Turnbull has said in recent times that he does not want any spin and is that he demands straight talking from NBN co regarding its broadband rollout. However, his speech at the recent Commsday NBN Rebooted conference appears to fly in the fac...
A prominent leak from within the nbn company has described how a dominant form of delay and cost blowout (with its favoured Fibre-to-the-Node rollout) is connecting power to tens of thousands of node cabinets. However, this ‘nightmare’ problem was kn...
If you’ve shuddered at Transport for NSW and the police’s sinister new advert regarding Mobile Drug Testing, you’re not alone. There is strong evidence that the technology used to perform these tests does not identify driving impairment but acts ins...
The eagerly anticipated innovation tax incentives released recently by Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull are designed to “enable the transition of our economy” but experts say they unfairly benefit investors over the start-ups and businesses doing the ...
Whitepapers about government
As your organization implements BYOD, it’s important to maintain compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This paper provides some key best practices to avoid problems and stay vigilant. • Poor compliance can result in financial penalties, litigation and damage to your company’s reputation • Make sure you have the IT solutions you need to avoid data leaks, avert data loss and prevent unauthorized access to information • Employ solutions designed to streamline BYOD management and simplify the process of proving compliance
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Catapult v2 server design is targeted at AI
- Digital transformation is giving IT spending a big boost
- FBI warns that hackers are targeting state election systems
- Nutanix gets hyperconverged with PernixData and Calm.io
- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCProject Manager - open source softwareACT