With just hours to go before the US election, here are a couple of funny memes to keep you entertained before the election results are announced.
government in pictures
CeBIT 2015 kicked off at Sydney Olympic Park with the usual day one mix of keynotes and the trade show. The Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, delivered a keynote address - via video link. The Lord Mayor of Sydney, Clover Moore, and MSW Minister for Finance, Services and Property, Dominic Perrottet, also spoke. This slideshow looks at the ever popular trade show. Photographer IAN SHARP was there to catch the action.
CeBIT 2015 kicked off at Sydney Olympic Park with the usual day one mix of keynotes and the trade show. The Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, delivered a keynote address - via video link. The Lord Mayor of Sydney, Clover Moore, and MSW Minister for Finance, Services and Property, Dominic Perrottet, also spoke. Photographer IAN SHARP was there to catch the action.
"Information wants to be free," the saying goes. But what if the information in question consists of state secrets, copyrighted material or is simply something a government doesn't want its citizens to see?
Outgoing FCC chairman Tom Wheeler urges his successors not to undo controversial open internet order, which he says is key to a vibrant cloud computing marketplace.
WikiLeaks said that its founder Julian Assange is confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the U.S. and indicated that the founder of the whistleblowing website would stand by all the promises he had made in return for clemency to Chelsea Manning, th...
President Barack Obama has commuted the prison sentence of Chelsea Manning, the former U.S. soldier who disclosed classified data to WikiLeaks relating to the Iraq War.
The current debate over fake online news has one country feeling vindicated: China. For years, its controversial censorship system has been cracking down on so-called "online rumors," and last week a state-controlled newspaper essentially told the U....
Repealing the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's less than 2-year-old net neutrality rules appears to be a top tech priority for President-elect Donald Trump, but it may not be an easy road.
Social media brings out the darker side of digital introverts and often amplifies slanted views or political biases. With the 2016 presidential election less than six weeks away, social could not be more powerful or dangerous.
Cisco’s internet traffic forecast describes a sobering explosion of traffic growth and exposes government nbn plans as woefully inadequate
Cisco has delivered its annual Visual Networking Index internet traffic forecast which predicts traffic growth going out to 2020. Previous forecasts have been within 10% accuracy but it was noted that the 2010 prediction figures for 2015 were within ...
Malcolm Turnbull has said in recent times that he does not want any spin and is that he demands straight talking from NBN co regarding its broadband rollout. However, his speech at the recent Commsday NBN Rebooted conference appears to fly in the fac...
A prominent leak from within the nbn company has described how a dominant form of delay and cost blowout (with its favoured Fibre-to-the-Node rollout) is connecting power to tens of thousands of node cabinets. However, this ‘nightmare’ problem was kn...
If you’ve shuddered at Transport for NSW and the police’s sinister new advert regarding Mobile Drug Testing, you’re not alone. There is strong evidence that the technology used to perform these tests does not identify driving impairment but acts ins...
Whitepapers about government
As your organization implements BYOD, it’s important to maintain compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This paper provides some key best practices to avoid problems and stay vigilant. • Poor compliance can result in financial penalties, litigation and damage to your company’s reputation • Make sure you have the IT solutions you need to avoid data leaks, avert data loss and prevent unauthorized access to information • Employ solutions designed to streamline BYOD management and simplify the process of proving compliance
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA