"Information wants to be free," the saying goes. But what if the information in question consists of state secrets, copyrighted material or is simply something a government doesn't want its citizens to see?
government in pictures
Amazon.com has billed parents for millions of dollars' worth of unauthorized in-app purchases made by their children, the FTC said in a complaint filed Thursday in a U.S. court.
The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has voted to approve legislation that would allow mobile phone owners to unlock their devices for the purposes of switching carriers.
The top American intelligence officer in Germany has been asked to leave the country in the wake of revelations about National Security Agency spying and two recent cases in which the U.S. reportedly recruited German spies.
Several Facebook and WhatsApp competitors were sent questionnaires by the European Commission asking them about the effect that the US$19 billion deal between the companies could have on competition, people familiar with the matter have confirmed.
A U.S. senator has asked the Federal Trade Commission to scrutinize the use of big data by Facebook and other Internet companies, following a controversy over a Facebook experiment on some of its users.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
In-flight cellular in the U.S. may be closer to reality than some consumers realize, with foreign airlines poised to extend services they already offer elsewhere. But evidence from overseas suggests the odds of being trapped next to a chronic caller ...
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Anyone who dreads hearing one end of a loud phone call all the way from Anchorage to Miami, take heart: The plan to allow cellphones on planes could fail in more ways than an overbooked flight at a snowbound airport on Christmas Eve.
Whitepapers about government
The rapidly expanding field of Information Governance, encompassing all aspects policies, processes and controls of the effective management of information within an organisation, has at its heart a requirement to understand the information that is travelling within it in order to adequately protect it. In this whitepaper, we look at the next generation of Data Loss Prevention solutions, and how they operate within a set governance framework.
Latest News Articles
- Acer ships first Chromebooks with Intel's Core i3 chip
- Malware hidden in Chinese inventory scanners targeted logistics, shipping firms
- Google gets a helping hand from Microsoft, IBM, Red Hat
- US chases supercomputing crown with multipetaflop Trinity system
- Oracle gives sneak peek at its plans for OpenWorld
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 Nokia’s flagship Lumia 930 on sale 11 July in Australia
- 5 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 3% off $1249 free shipping
- $899 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »
- CCeFinance Change ManagerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Engineer - RightFaxVIC
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTTechnology Development DirectorNZ
- FTRelationship/Partnerships ManagerNSW
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTHead of Service ExperienceNZ
- FTService Operations DirectorNZ