CeBIT 2015 kicked off at Sydney Olympic Park with the usual day one mix of keynotes and the trade show. The Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, delivered a keynote address - via video link. The Lord Mayor of Sydney, Clover Moore, and MSW Minister for Finance, Services and Property, Dominic Perrottet, also spoke. This slideshow looks at the ever popular trade show. Photographer IAN SHARP was there to catch the action.
government in pictures
CeBIT 2015 kicked off at Sydney Olympic Park with the usual day one mix of keynotes and the trade show. The Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, delivered a keynote address - via video link. The Lord Mayor of Sydney, Clover Moore, and MSW Minister for Finance, Services and Property, Dominic Perrottet, also spoke. Photographer IAN SHARP was there to catch the action.
"Information wants to be free," the saying goes. But what if the information in question consists of state secrets, copyrighted material or is simply something a government doesn't want its citizens to see?
The "possibility exists" for the U.S. Department of Justice to cut a deal that would allow surveillance leaker Edward Snowden to return to the U.S., a former attorney general said in a media interview.
U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey has asked for a "robust debate" on encryption of communications, saying that the technology could come in the way of his doing his job to keep people safe.
Google's refusal to implement the EU's controversial right to be forgotten rules in the U.S. amounts to an unfair and deceptive business practice, a frequent critic of the search engine giant said.
Two U.S. Supreme Court justices owned stock in tech vendors or other companies that filed briefs in cases under review by the high court in the past year, a watchdog group said Thursday.
TracFone, a major provider of prepaid mobile phone service, must keep its promise to let customers unlock their devices and transfer service to competing carriers, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said.
A flurry of activity will follow the plan from U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as the foundation for new net neutrality rules.
“Network for Learning came along and it’s made a massive change to how we work."
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
In-flight cellular in the U.S. may be closer to reality than some consumers realize, with foreign airlines poised to extend services they already offer elsewhere. But evidence from overseas suggests the odds of being trapped next to a chronic caller ...
Whitepapers about government
As your organization implements BYOD, it’s important to maintain compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This paper provides some key best practices to avoid problems and stay vigilant. • Poor compliance can result in financial penalties, litigation and damage to your company’s reputation • Make sure you have the IT solutions you need to avoid data leaks, avert data loss and prevent unauthorized access to information • Employ solutions designed to streamline BYOD management and simplify the process of proving compliance
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Android malware masquerades as Nintendo game emulator
- Lizard Squad hacker draws suspended sentence for online attacks
- Oracle gets September trial date against Rimini Street
- Inside Australia's most exclusive car club: Tesla
- Data center group tightens certification rules for service providers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW