"Information wants to be free," the saying goes. But what if the information in question consists of state secrets, copyrighted material or is simply something a government doesn't want its citizens to see?
government in pictures
AT&T has agreed to pay US$23.8 million to resolve allegations by the state of California that it illegally disposed of hazardous waste, including electronics, batteries and aerosol cans, by throwing it into dumpsters.
Thanks to revelations about government spying, a revamped version of a 15-year-old agreement governing the exchange of personal data between EU and the U.S. still seems a long way off, threatening the ability of American companies to do business in E...
The U.S. National Security Agency is planning no major changes in its domestic telephone records collection program after a bill to rein in those efforts failed in the Senate this week, the agency's director said.
Even though China has blocked access to Google Play in the country, the app platform is still hoping to bring aboard more Chinese-made apps, and help them make money from international customers.
U.S. Senator Al Franken has waded into the latest controversy surrounding Uber, asking the car service app company pointed questions about its privacy policies.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
In-flight cellular in the U.S. may be closer to reality than some consumers realize, with foreign airlines poised to extend services they already offer elsewhere. But evidence from overseas suggests the odds of being trapped next to a chronic caller ...
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Anyone who dreads hearing one end of a loud phone call all the way from Anchorage to Miami, take heart: The plan to allow cellphones on planes could fail in more ways than an overbooked flight at a snowbound airport on Christmas Eve.
Whitepapers about government
As your organization implements BYOD, it’s important to maintain compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This paper provides some key best practices to avoid problems and stay vigilant. • Poor compliance can result in financial penalties, litigation and damage to your company’s reputation • Make sure you have the IT solutions you need to avoid data leaks, avert data loss and prevent unauthorized access to information • Employ solutions designed to streamline BYOD management and simplify the process of proving compliance
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Governments act against webcam-snooping websites
- Facebook's alternative PHP engine attracts Web service providers
- Intel planning thumb-sized PCs for next year
- Uber, facing public backlash, will rethink privacy
- As Moore's Law approaches 50, Intel battling to keep up
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW