Social media brings out the darker side of digital introverts and often amplifies slanted views or political biases. With the 2016 presidential election less than six weeks away, social could not be more powerful or dangerous.
Cisco’s internet traffic forecast describes a sobering explosion of traffic growth and exposes government nbn plans as woefully inadequate
Cisco has delivered its annual Visual Networking Index internet traffic forecast which predicts traffic growth going out to 2020. Previous forecasts have been within 10% accuracy but it was noted that the 2010 prediction figures for 2015 were within ...
Malcolm Turnbull has said in recent times that he does not want any spin and is that he demands straight talking from NBN co regarding its broadband rollout. However, his speech at the recent Commsday NBN Rebooted conference appears to fly in the fac...
A prominent leak from within the nbn company has described how a dominant form of delay and cost blowout (with its favoured Fibre-to-the-Node rollout) is connecting power to tens of thousands of node cabinets. However, this ‘nightmare’ problem was kn...
If you’ve shuddered at Transport for NSW and the police’s sinister new advert regarding Mobile Drug Testing, you’re not alone. There is strong evidence that the technology used to perform these tests does not identify driving impairment but acts ins...
The eagerly anticipated innovation tax incentives released recently by Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull are designed to “enable the transition of our economy” but experts say they unfairly benefit investors over the start-ups and businesses doing the ...
The key operational, financial metrics show that if it follows its current trajectory, the NBN model will reduce competition by squeezing out the mid-tiered telco companies and ultimately put a significant cost burden on to the consumer – thus, negat...
A flurry of activity will follow the plan from U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as the foundation for new net neutrality rules.
“Network for Learning came along and it’s made a massive change to how we work."
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
In-flight cellular in the U.S. may be closer to reality than some consumers realize, with foreign airlines poised to extend services they already offer elsewhere. But evidence from overseas suggests the odds of being trapped next to a chronic caller ...
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Anyone who dreads hearing one end of a loud phone call all the way from Anchorage to Miami, take heart: The plan to allow cellphones on planes could fail in more ways than an overbooked flight at a snowbound airport on Christmas Eve.
More than a month after it went live, a couple of large questions remain about the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched launch of HealthCare.gov.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC