Social media brings out the darker side of digital introverts and often amplifies slanted views or political biases. With the 2016 presidential election less than six weeks away, social could not be more powerful or dangerous.
Cisco’s internet traffic forecast describes a sobering explosion of traffic growth and exposes government nbn plans as woefully inadequate
Cisco has delivered its annual Visual Networking Index internet traffic forecast which predicts traffic growth going out to 2020. Previous forecasts have been within 10% accuracy but it was noted that the 2010 prediction figures for 2015 were within ...
Malcolm Turnbull has said in recent times that he does not want any spin and is that he demands straight talking from NBN co regarding its broadband rollout. However, his speech at the recent Commsday NBN Rebooted conference appears to fly in the fac...
A prominent leak from within the nbn company has described how a dominant form of delay and cost blowout (with its favoured Fibre-to-the-Node rollout) is connecting power to tens of thousands of node cabinets. However, this ‘nightmare’ problem was kn...
If you’ve shuddered at Transport for NSW and the police’s sinister new advert regarding Mobile Drug Testing, you’re not alone. There is strong evidence that the technology used to perform these tests does not identify driving impairment but acts ins...
The eagerly anticipated innovation tax incentives released recently by Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull are designed to “enable the transition of our economy” but experts say they unfairly benefit investors over the start-ups and businesses doing the ...
The key operational, financial metrics show that if it follows its current trajectory, the NBN model will reduce competition by squeezing out the mid-tiered telco companies and ultimately put a significant cost burden on to the consumer – thus, negat...
A flurry of activity will follow the plan from U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as the foundation for new net neutrality rules.
“Network for Learning came along and it’s made a massive change to how we work."
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
In-flight cellular in the U.S. may be closer to reality than some consumers realize, with foreign airlines poised to extend services they already offer elsewhere. But evidence from overseas suggests the odds of being trapped next to a chronic caller ...
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Anyone who dreads hearing one end of a loud phone call all the way from Anchorage to Miami, take heart: The plan to allow cellphones on planes could fail in more ways than an overbooked flight at a snowbound airport on Christmas Eve.
More than a month after it went live, a couple of large questions remain about the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched launch of HealthCare.gov.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTCRM ConsultantWA
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream transformationNSW
- CCProgram Architect - Payment/CardsVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD