A flurry of activity will follow the plan from U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as the foundation for new net neutrality rules.
“Network for Learning came along and it’s made a massive change to how we work."
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission and its allies have several options, with most of them difficult, after a U.S. appeals court struck down most of the agency's 2010 net neutrality rules.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
In-flight cellular in the U.S. may be closer to reality than some consumers realize, with foreign airlines poised to extend services they already offer elsewhere. But evidence from overseas suggests the odds of being trapped next to a chronic caller ...
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Anyone who dreads hearing one end of a loud phone call all the way from Anchorage to Miami, take heart: The plan to allow cellphones on planes could fail in more ways than an overbooked flight at a snowbound airport on Christmas Eve.
More than a month after it went live, a couple of large questions remain about the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched launch of HealthCare.gov.
It's difficult to predict how an appeals court will rule after it hears arguments Monday in Verizon Communication's challenge of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
Revelations over the U.S. National Security Agency's Prism surveillance program have much of the general public in uproar, but in terms of the controversy's impact to enterprise IT, some CIOs have measured, albeit watchful reactions.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission's antitrust settlement with Google will create few changes in the way the company operates, both critics and fans of the deal said.
Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds...
Sure, plenty of enterprise software projects go just fine and end up giving customers all the things vendors promise: lower operating costs, streamlined operations and happier users.
Students at a U.S. military graduate school in California are mining social media with new methods that may change the way the armed forces collect intelligence overseas.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW