The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken a major step toward helping more airlines offer in-cabin wireless broadband, with the agency voting Thursday to explore using new spectrum for air-to-ground broadband service.
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed an executive order requiring that government data be made available in open, machine-readable formats, expanding open-access requirements from earlier in his administration.
Proposed legislation in California aims to ban guns made using 3-D printing, after an organization Defense Distributed fired a handgun made with the technology, and said it would distribute its drawings online.
San Francisco killed its cellphone radiation warning law on Tuesday by agreeing to settle a lawsuit by the mobile industry group CTIA.
The U.S. military's reliance on foreign-made products, including telecommunications equipment and semiconductors, is putting the nation's security at risk by exposing agencies to faulty parts and to the possibility that producing nations will stop se...
Two U.S. senators will push Congress or President Barack Obama's administration to pursue trade and immigration sanctions against China and other countries that allegedly support cyberattacks on U.S. government agencies and businesses, the lawmakers ...
A bill proposed in the U.S. Senate aims to block imports of products containing U.S. technology stolen online, a move that appears primarily directed at China.
Internet traffic to and from Syria, which is in the midst of a civil war, appears to have dried up.
A year before Google's futuristic-looking, computerized eyeglasses are even expected to hit the market, they have been banned -- again.
More than 20 percent of data brokers checked by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission allegedly violated a U.S. privacy law when sharing personal data with agency workers posing as companies wanting to purchase information.
The U.S. Senate has voted to allow states to collect sales tax from online retailers, making it more difficult to buy tax-free products online.
Motorola Mobility abuses its dominant position in the E.U. by seeking and enforcing an injunction against Apple in Germany on the basis of its mobile phone standard-essential patents (SEPs), the European Commission said in a preliminary antitrust rev...
Dell is investigating a report that a Middle East reseller has sold large numbers of computers to a Syrian company with ties to the embattled government there, in violation of U.S. export restrictions.
Many tech companies have called for the U.S. Congress to ease restrictions on high-skill immigration because they can't find qualified tech workers to fill open positions. Yet, many veteran IT tech workers say they can't find jobs.
Many U.S. tech companies are pushing hard this year for an increase in the number of high-skill immigrants allowed into the country, but many veteran IT workers question their motives for wanting to increase the number of visas under the controversia...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Overclockers have pushed Intel's new Broadwell chip to 5.7GHz
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- Apple is said to be extending iPhone refreshes to once every three years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer- LinuxWA
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW