A group of U.S. lawmakers has introduced legislation that would require law enforcement agencies to get court-ordered search warrants before obtaining a suspect's mobile phone location or GPS data, instead of using prosecution-issued subpoenas.
Chinese cyberattacks targeting Taiwan are moving beyond stealing sensitive information, and could be capable of crippling the island's transportation and financial systems, a top security official claimed on Wednesday.
Cyberattacks supposedly originating from China have raised alarms in recent weeks, but U.S. businesses and government agencies should worry as much about Iran and North Korea, a group of cybersecurity experts said.
U.S. advocates for a free global Internet need to reach out to other nations to encourage their participation in open governance bodies like the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the organization's president and CEO said.
Microsoft is taking seriously allegations that business partners engaged in bribery to gain government contracts in three countries outside the US, the company said.
If U.S. law enforcement agencies agree to changes in electronic surveillance law to better protect the privacy of stored email and documents, they want several changes in return, including a requirement that email and cloud service providers hold ont...
Europe's Justice Commissioner on Tuesday criticized how European Union member states have handled Apple's alleged misselling of warranties and called for tougher sanctions.
The U.S. Congress needs to shut down so-called patent trolls whose infringement lawsuits are diverting company resources from hiring and research, a group of technology companies told lawmakers Thursday.
A U.S. government computer vulnerability database and several other websites at the National Institute of Standards and Technology have been down for nearly a week after workers there found malware on two Web servers.
The U.S. Congress may need to create stiffer penalties for criminal computer hacking to deter the growing number of attacks on U.S. government agencies and businesses, some lawmakers said Wednesday.
Some of the smallest mobile operators in the U.S. have lined up behind a deal that would dramatically expand the country's fourth-largest carrier, a twist that has everything to do with the national dominance of AT&T and Verizon Wireless.
Momentum is growing in the U.S. Congress to overturn a U.S. Library of Congress ruling that took mobile phone unlocking out of the legal exemptions to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
The merger between T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS moved one step closer to completion on Tuesday as the FCC approved the deal without conditions.
Cyberattacks are near the top of the list of most serious threats facing the U.S., with the rivaling concerns about terrorism and North Korea, intelligence officials with President Barack Obama's administration said.
The French Telecommunications and Posts Regulator, ARCEP, has referred Skype to the Paris public prosecutor, asking it to investigate whether Skype has failed to comply with an obligation to register as a telecommunications operator. Registered opera...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW