Access to Google services in China appeared to return Saturday morning after they were blocked briefly as the country prepares to appoint new leadership.
China on Friday started blocking access to Google in what's likely a move to squelch any controversial content on the nation's Internet as its government prepares to change leadership.
U.S. prisons, immigration detention centers and telecom carriers are charging "exorbitant" rates on collect calls made by inmates, and the U.S. Federal Communications Commission should step in to set rates, a coalition of 110 human rights groups, law...
As China continues trials of its 4G networks using the government-backed LTE TDD technology, mobile operator China Telecom is aiming to go another route and deploy LTE FDD technology for its upcoming 4G networks.
The U.S. on Thursday said it ordered sanctions against Iran's Minister of Communication and Information Technology, Reza Taghipour, and other entities and persons responsible for engaging in censorship in their country.
AT&T has reversed its decision to allow Apple iPhone and iPad owners to use Apple's FaceTime videoconferencing application only on the carrier's most expensive data plans or if they are connected to Wi-Fi.
Smartphone and tablet users helped both presidential candidates raise funds and support in 2012, while mobile computing contributed directly to President Barack Obama's edge in Tuesday's presidential election.
Tao Wan now works at IBM, but said he was once an angry young man, a veteran of the hacking scene that burgeoned in China in the late 1990s.
A federal court in the U.S. on Wednesday temporarily restrained law officials in California from enforcing new provisions that allegedly violate the free speech rights of sexual offenders.
Federal initiatives to make more spectrum available for mobile services are likely to take off running after President Barack Obama's re-election on Tuesday, a member of a presidential technology commission said.
Two civil rights groups have filed a lawsuit challenging parts of a California ballot measure that requires registered sex offenders to turn over their Internet identities and service providers to police.
U.S. President Barack Obama won re-election Tuesday night, topping 270 electoral votes to defeat Republican challenger Mitt Romney just after 11 p.m. ET.
AT&T has agreed to pay US$700,000 and refund certain customers said to have been overcharged on smartphone plans, after the Federal Communications Commission found that some customers were moved to more expensive monthly plans without their consent.
Cellular coverage for some carriers approached normal levels in the northeastern U.S. a week after Hurricane Sandy made landfall, but some areas remained cut off from mobile service because of ongoing power and telecommunications outages.
The U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency has set up a "rumor control" section on its website to counter misinformation on social networks that has affected relief efforts after Hurricane Sandy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US government agencies are still using Windows 3.1, floppy disks and 1970s computers
- New court request raises further doubts about transatlantic data transfers
- Top-level domain expansion is a security risk for business computers
- EU prepares to end geoblocking in online sales of goods and services
- Microsoft kills off another chunk of its smartphone activities
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCNetwork Technical ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC