Consumers in the areas hardest hit by Hurricane Sandy may not get wired phone, Internet and video service back for as long as two weeks, Verizon Communications warned on Friday, while the FCC reported continued slow progress by carriers in restoring ...
Chinese Internet giant Baidu and its rival Qihoo 360 signed an agreement on Thursday to compete fairly in China's search engine market, following a dispute between the two companies over search indexing.
Microsoft said Thursday it would bring its Office 365 and Windows Azure to China as part of the company's strategy to expand its cloud services to enterprise customers in the country.
About 19 percent of cell sites in the area hardest hit by Hurricane Sandy were still out of service on Thursday morning as recovery was slowed by other network failures and power shortages, according to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
All governmental bodies in the U.K. must now comply with open standards to prevent vendor lock-in and stimulate interoperability of government IT, the Minister for Cabinet Office announced on Thursday.
Following a meeting of the European Union member states on 5 October, leaked documents have this week shown that the E.U. plans to back away from criminal sanctions in its copyright agreement with Canada.
The U.N.'s International Telecommunications Union should embrace free and open broadband markets and allow individual countries to reform their telecommunications regulations instead of attempting to centrally regulate the industry, the U.S. delegati...
As the U.S. launched what's expected to be the world's fastest supercomputer at 20 petaflops, China is building a machine that is intended to be five times faster when it is deployed in 2015.
Notices will be sent out to developers of up to 100 mobile apps that are not compliant with California privacy law, starting with those who have the most popular apps available on mobile platforms, the office of the state's attorney general Kamala D....
Post-Tropical Cyclone Sandy knocked out mobile, phone and cable service in many parts of the eastern U.S. on Monday, with about one in four cell sites affected in the hardest-hit band of the country between Virginia and Massachusetts, according to an...
U.S. Supreme Court justices on Monday questioned the legitimacy of a law allowing a secretive government surveillance program and the assertion by a government lawyer that some groups couldn't challenge the law in court because they don't know if the...
Europe's Justice Commissioner on Friday told ministers from European Union member states that she was prepared to offer some concessions to small businesses and the public sector in revising the data protection regulation.
Softbank's planned US$20 billion investment in Sprint validates the way the U.S. government handled last year's proposed merger of T-Mobile USA and AT&T, Sprint CEO Dan Hesse said Thursday.
If the U.S. presidential election were resolved on social media, Barack Obama would be the clear winner this year over Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW