As another year draws to a close, we look back on the IT-related comments that stuck with us.
The Consumer Electronics Association has switched its position on Internet sales taxes, with the huge trade group now supporting the collection of the tax.
The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board recommended on Tuesday that states outlaw the use of all electronic devices, while driving, including cellphones with hands-free kits.
A proposed amendment to the controversial copyright enforcement bill, the Stop Online Piracy Act, has not swayed many opponents to the legislation.
In 2011, the increasingly mobile and socially networked world of technology became more intertwined than ever with politics and the law. Patent wars shaped competition in tablets and smartphones, hacktivists attacked a widening array of political and...
China has approved Seagate Technology's proposed acquisition of Samsung Electronics' hard disk drive (HDD) business, but with conditions, including measures to minimize potential price increases after the deal, the country's Ministry of Commerce said...
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has scheduled a debate and vote on controversial copyright legislation, the Stop Online Piracy Act, with the bill's main sponsor offering an amendment meant to address some concerns with the bill.
The European Union plans to distribute new software to help human rights activists and dissidents in authoritarian regimes circumvent censorship.
European Union member states will be forced to digitize all their government data, it was revealed on Monday.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has begun to mail refund checks to computer owners who purchased so-called scareware from vendors who allegedly used deceptive advertising to trick customers into buying the software to fix their supposedly infected ...
Indonesia's telecommunications regulator, Badan Regulasi Telekomunikasi Indonesia (BRTI), has renewed its demand that Research In Motion locate a server in the country to route communications traffic, after the Canadian company reportedly set up simi...
The U.S. Department of Justice will file a motion to stay or dismiss its lawsuit to block AT&T's acquisition of T-Mobile USA because the agency believes there's no deal pending, a lawyer for the DOJ said Friday.
India never asked Internet companies to pre-screen objectionable content, a federal minister said in interviews with local TV channels.
Surveillance technology companies have a moral obligation not to sell to repressive regimes, said Europe's Digital Agenda Commissioner on Friday. Her views were echoed by the U.S. Secretary of State who said that companies cannot pretend they don't k...
Huawei Technologies will limit its business activities in Iran and no longer seek new customers there, it said Friday, after an October report said the Chinese company was building a surveillance system in the country to help police track people's lo...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC