The U.S. Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), which would allow U.S. authorities to seize the domain names of copyright-infringing websites, has taken another blow as a leading proponent has withdrawn its support.
China is introducing programs to ensure the country's local governments, from provincial down to county and municipal levels, are all using legal software, a top Chinese official said during a meeting with visiting U.S. officials.
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has instructed telecommunications operators in the country to filter SMS (Short Message Service) messages that include words that it considers objectionable, drawing criticism from civil rights groups in the...
India's top investigation agency has registered a case against two major Indian mobile operators and former government officials in connection with alleged irregularities in the allocation of additional 2G spectrum in January 2002, widening the scope...
The European Parliament has added its voice to those criticizing the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the United States criticizing the use of domain name seizures by U.S. authorities on copyright 'infringing' websites.
A leading Member of the European Parliament (MEP) has said that she will not be silenced on the shortcomings of a new deal to pass European airline travelers' information to the United States.
A US House Intelligence Committee is launching an investigation against Chinese telecommunication equipment suppliers Huawei and ZTE to find whether the companies pose a security threat to the country.
The Chinese government is using Internet censorship as a trade weapon against U.S. tech companies trying to do business there, leaders of two business organizations have told a U.S. government commission focused on human rights in China.
Net neutrality should be enshrined in European Union law, says the European Parliament.
Sponsors of the controversial U.S. Stop Online Piracy Act defended the legislation Wednesday, saying the proposal is needed to shut down websites trafficking in billions of dollars worth of online piracy.
U.S. lawmakers opposed to a controversial copyright enforcement bill scheduled for a hearing Wednesday are working on alternative legislation that would be more narrowly focused on infringing websites, two opponents of the bill said.
Facebook has reduced the amount of personal data it releases to users as required by European Union law despite an ongoing audit by Ireland's Data Protection Commissioner.
The latest text to set new rules on spectrum use in the European Union fails to deal with the potential problem of interference in consumer equipment, according to a trade organization.
Regulators are starting to investigate what kind of oversight is in place to make sure that mobile applications don't encroach on user privacy rights, a lawyer in Microsoft's Windows Phone segment said on Monday.
Participants at an Internet forum in the northern Italian town of Trento have written to Prime Minister-designate Mario Monti, urging him to up Italy's investment in the digital economy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW