The European Union plans to distribute new software to help human rights activists and dissidents in authoritarian regimes circumvent censorship.
European Union member states will be forced to digitize all their government data, it was revealed on Monday.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has begun to mail refund checks to computer owners who purchased so-called scareware from vendors who allegedly used deceptive advertising to trick customers into buying the software to fix their supposedly infected ...
Indonesia's telecommunications regulator, Badan Regulasi Telekomunikasi Indonesia (BRTI), has renewed its demand that Research In Motion locate a server in the country to route communications traffic, after the Canadian company reportedly set up simi...
The U.S. Department of Justice will file a motion to stay or dismiss its lawsuit to block AT&T's acquisition of T-Mobile USA because the agency believes there's no deal pending, a lawyer for the DOJ said Friday.
India never asked Internet companies to pre-screen objectionable content, a federal minister said in interviews with local TV channels.
Surveillance technology companies have a moral obligation not to sell to repressive regimes, said Europe's Digital Agenda Commissioner on Friday. Her views were echoed by the U.S. Secretary of State who said that companies cannot pretend they don't k...
Huawei Technologies will limit its business activities in Iran and no longer seek new customers there, it said Friday, after an October report said the Chinese company was building a surveillance system in the country to help police track people's lo...
Two U.S. lawmakers have released an alternative proposal to two controversial bills intended to crack down on online copyright infringement, and they're asking the Internet community to comment on and suggest changes to the draft bill.
The European Union's foreign ministers issued a statement on Thursday reiterating the rights of whistleblowing websites such as Wikileaks.
Text-message spam is coming under close scrutiny from the U.K.'s data protection authority, which is trying to blunt an increasing wave of insurance industry and accident compensation-related spam.
The U.S. Department of Justice is investigating anticompetitive behavior in the pricing of e-books, joining the European Union, the head of the agency's antitrust division said Wednesday.
AT&T's decision to withdraw its application to obtain T-Mobile USA's mobile spectrum license at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission raises a question about whether the company's proposed acquisition is still active, the U.S. Department of Just...
Michael Copps, a longtime member of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, will resign effective Jan. 1, or earlier, depending on Senate action, he announced Tuesday.
A proposal in the U.S. House of Representatives would set up a new semi-independent organization allowing the U.S. government and private companies to share information about cyberthreats, but some critics questioned whether the group would be too re...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalised domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Health experience requiredNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- CCVisual DesignerACT