Mobile startup LightSquared struck back against a report on Thursday that it had received preferential treatment from the Obama Administration as it sought permission to build a cellular data network that appears to hurt GPS performance.
Amazon on Thursday said that many of its Web services now have a crucial certification that allows federal government agencies with strict security requirements to use the services.
U.S. government agencies are getting better at sharing information about cyberattacks with private companies, but cybercrime shows no signs of slowing down, cybersecurity experts told lawmakers Wednesday.
New legislation pushed by U.S. President Barack Obama and intended to stimulate job growth includes proposals for mobile spectrum auctions and for a nationwide mobile broadband network for emergency responders.
European Union states are failing to sufficiently protect children online, a new European Commission study contends.
Civil liberties groups will gather in Brussels Saturday to call for the abolition of the European Union's data retention directive.
Bowing to pressure from European privacy regulators, Google will soon allow owners of Wi-Fi access points to opt out of a Google service that allows smartphone owners to identify their location without using GPS (Global Positioning System), it said T...
Google has launched a new portal in China that catalogs group buying deals, a return to activity there after pulling back from its operations in China more than a year ago.
Technology services and consulting company Accenture has agreed to pay $US63.7 million to resolve whistleblower allegations that it participated in a large-scale kickbacks scheme involving U.S. government contracts, the U.S. Department of Justice ann...
The European Union's General Affairs Council on Monday approved plans to establish a pan-European agency to manage its large-scale IT systems.
LightSquared's and Dish Network's proposals to use satellite spectrum for 4G networks aren't necessarily competing for FCC approval, but either one could make the U.S. mobile broadband business more competitive if it clears significant hurdles.
A leading international consumer group has called on the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the European Union's main body for data protection, the Article 29 Working Group, to reject self-regulation of online behavioral advertising.
The hackers who broke into EMC's RSA Security division last March used the same attack code to try to break into several other companies, including two U.S. national security organizations, according to data provided by the VirusTotal website.
LightSquared's proposed 4G mobile network on satellite frequencies would hinder hurricane and tornado tracking, earthquake reporting and the prediction of floods and volcanic eruptions, federal officials told Congress on Thursday.
The U.S. Senate has voted to approve a major overhaul of the nation's patent system, with the legislation allowing a new kind of challenge to patents granted by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- CCSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC