The main U.S. law targeting cybercrime may need to be changed because it has allowed law enforcement agencies to target people who simply violate websites' terms of service or their employers' computer use policies, two senators said Wednesday.
The Chinese government has renewed Google's Internet Content Provider (ICP) license, a company spokesman said, giving the company another year to operate its local website in the country.
Digital certificates issued by GlobalSign have come under scrutiny after a hacker's claim that he broke into the company's computer systems. If true, it would be the second such compromise in the past few weeks.
Google will address concerns the Korean Fair Trade Commission may have about its Android mobile platform, a company spokeswoman said Tuesday after reports emerged that South Korean government officials had raided Google offices there.
European parliamentarians in the legal affairs committee have once again cast doubt on the efficacy of the controversial Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA), but stopped short of declaring it illegal.
India's telecom regulator said on Monday that new legislation to filter telemarketers will come into force finally on Sept. 27, after a number of postponements.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security today issued a somewhat unusual bulletin warning the security community about the planned activities of hacking collective Anonymous over the next few months.
At the Bikinis Sports Bar and Grill in Austin, Texas, you can get burgers and beer served to you by cute waitresses wearing denim shorts and bikini tops. And if you're David Palmer, a recently fired IT worker, you can also break into a U.S. military ...
The U.S. Department of Justice's lawsuit opposing AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA may not mean the end of the deal, according to some experts.
Several consumer and digital rights groups applauded the U.S. Department of Justice's opposition to AT&T's proposed acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA, with critics of the deal saying it would have hurt consumers.
The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a lawsuit to block AT&T from acquiring mobile competitor T-Mobile USA, with the agency saying the US$39 billion deal would significantly reduce competition, jack up prices and stifle innovation.
AT&T will return 5,000 outsourced call-center jobs to the U.S. if regulators approve its proposed US$39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA, the company said Wednesday.
A 43-year-old former Akamai employee has pleaded guilty to espionage charges after offering to hand over confidential information about the Web acceleration company to an agent posing as an Israeli consular official in Boston.
Intel has formed a subsidiary charged with growing the company's business relationship with the U.S. government, with the new organization's initial focus on high-performance computing, the company said.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should take swift action to rule against the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) District's recent decision to shut down mobile phone service during a planned protest, several digital rights groups said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC