The U.S. Federal Communications Commission won't allow LightSquared's proposed mobile broadband service to interfere with GPS signals, even though the potential interference would be caused by GPS receivers picking up signals outside of their spectru...
A Taiwanese political party suspects the Chinese government is behind a hacking attack that stole information about the party's election activities.
How does the federal government go about implementing green IT? According to a report out today from the Government Accountability Office, the feds have adopted a number of practices that are useful not just for government IT but all manner of privat...
Based on a pilot project with the city of Portland, Oregon, IBM is offering a new services and software model to help municipal administrations predict the effects of policy choices.
After the hacking gang Anonymous took credit for defacing Syria's Ministry of Defense website, a Syrian group today retaliated by posting gruesome photos on Anonymous' embryonic social network.
India's communications ministry has been asked by the home ministry to monitor social networking websites such as Twitter and Facebook amid fears that the services are being used by terrorists to plan attacks.
Meet the Firefly.
The war between law enforcement and the Anonymous hacking collective continued this weekend as hackers dumped a 10 gigabyte database that included private e-mails and information sent by confidential informants. Hackers say they stole information dur...
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation on Friday <a href="http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/august/child_080511/child_080511">introduced its first mobile app</a>: an iPhone application aimed at helping parents whose children go missing.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has given awards to three computer science teams for application development or research that helps broadband customers measure the speed and performance of their service.
WASHINGTON - Longtime Microsoft executive Steven VanRoekel is set to become the nation's second federal CIO, replacing outgoing federal CIO Vivek Kundra.
The best way to protect business information on smartphones from cybercriminals is to leave that information off smartphones, according to a mobile security expert.
A group of U.S. businesses has announced a goal of creating 100,000 call center jobs in the country over the next two years, using broadband as the supporting infrastructure.
A total of 117 Indian government websites were defaced by hackers from January to June this year, prompting the government to take additional security measures, a federal minister told Parliament.
Facebook is facing fresh concerns from German data protection officials that its automatic facial recognition feature may violate European privacy regulations.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft’s standing to sue over secret US data requests in question
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCServiceNow Project ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW