Facebook's move to enable facial recognition across its entire social networking site is raising some eyebrows - and possibly some legal woes -- over its privacy implications.
The U.S. Department of Commerce should work with Internet business groups to establish voluntary codes of conduct and standards to protect against cyberattacks, a new report from the agency recommended.
Europe-wide rules covering online sales came a step closer as the European Parliament backed plans for a new contract law on Wednesday.
Google is redirecting visitors to its Kazakhstan site, google.kz, to a page in Kazakh at google.com, after the country's government warned it would begin enforcing a nine-month-old rule requiring .kz domain names to point to servers in the country
A new document in a year-old patent lawsuit filed by Oracle against Google over Android intellectual property suggests Oracle could be seeking huge damages from Google.
Hacker group Anonymous has come out in support of a civil movement against corruption in India by hacking one of the websites of a government IT organization.
Verizon Wireless is violating U.S. Federal Communications Commission rules by blocking users from using third-party tethering applications on Android smartphones, media reform group Free Press said in a complaint to the FCC Monday.
IBM plans to launch a software framework that will help city and local government executives get a more complete view of how well their operations are running.
The Internet in Syria was back on Saturday, a day after it was reported that two-thirds of Syrian networks had been cut off from the rest of the world in the wake of civil unrest in the country.
The U.S. Department of Justice is examining bidders, including Apple and Google, interested in Nortel's patent portfolio, according to a <a href="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303657404576363781889157222.html">report in the Wall Stree...
A new liberal advocacy group has targeted Apple as a tax "cheater" for its leadership in a coalition calling for Congress to allow U.S. companies to return foreign earnings to the country at a greatly reduced tax rate.
Digital rights organizations have hit out at new agreements to transfer information about flight passengers in Europe to the U.S. and Australia.
As part of a look at the impact of identity theft and the Internal Revenue Service, watchdogs at the Government Accountability Office issued the IRS' top 10 list of identity theft information everyone should be aware of. Some of the information is ob...
Recent data breaches at Sony's PlayStation Network and at e-mail service provider Epsilon will lead to legislation focused on improving cybersecurity at U.S. companies, the chairwoman of a U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee said Thursday.
After 19 years and 25 space flights, NASA's space shuttle Endeavour returned to Earth from a 16-day mission early this morning, ending its storied career.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Reddit CEO Ellen Pao tries to calm furor with huge 'mea culpa'
- Winners of our ESET Antivirus competition announced
- Instagram bumps up photo resolution to 1080 pixels
- Samsung releases world's first 2TB consumer SSDs
- Microsoft's new Tossup app tries to simplify getting friends together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT