A Republican proposal to auction more wireless spectrum to mobile carriers would leave U.S. police and fire departments "worse off" than they are today, instead of creating the new nationwide public safety mobile-broadband network anticipated for a d...
The new <a href="http://www.defense.gov/news/d20110714cyber.pdf">Strategy for Operating in Cyberspace issued by the Department of Defense</a> on Thursday covers a collection of topics that have been discussed for years and leaves a number of importan...
Some online advertising networks continue to track Web users after tracking opt-out requests, even though the networks have promised to honor those questions, according to a new study from Stanford University's Center for Internet Society.
Provisions in U.S. legislation designed to protect copyright online could break the Internet's Domain Name System by driving users to untrusted DNS services outside the U.S., a group of Internet engineers said Thursday.
Russia and the U.S. are working to reduce chances for a cybersecurity incident that could damage the countries' relationship, according to the top cybersecurity adviser to U.S. President Barack Obama.
The European Commission is examining whether additional rules are needed on personal data breach notification in the European Union.
A proposal by U.S. House of Representatives Republicans to free up spectrum for mobile broadband use would remove net neutrality rules on new spectrum auctions and would make it difficult for innovators to use unlicensed spectrum going forward, a dig...
Third-party charges on U.S. consumer and business telephone bills, most of them unauthorized by the customer, amount to US $2 billion a year, according to a new report from a U.S. Senate committee.
The controversy over India's demand that it be allowed to monitor online and mobile communications resurfaced again on Wednesday, with an Indian minister telling reporters that the government had asked Skype, Google, and several other companies to gi...
The European Commission has put forward plans to make it easier for Internet users to legally watch films and television programs online.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has proposed new rules designed to make it more difficult for telephone carriers and other companies to insert mystery fees onto customers' phone bills.
The European Parliament's civil liberties committee has voted unanimously to reject mandatory European Union-wide blocking of child pornography websites.
The Anonymous hacking group said Monday it had broken into military contractor Booz Allen Hamilton's network and posted 90,000 military e-mail addresses and passwords online.
Industries that rely on fair use exceptions to U.S. copyright law have weathered the recent slow economy better than other businesses, according to a new study released by a tech trade group.
Google has agreed to send its chairman, Eric Schmidt, to testify in front of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee's Antitrust Subcommittee, which is investigating competition issues in Internet search.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW