The U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear a controversial software patent case after a federal appeals court ruled that an abstract idea is not patentable simply because it is tied to a computer system.
U.S. securities regulators questioned an early version of Twitter's initial public offering prospectus that claimed the social media company was becoming more profitable when it was actually losing increasing amounts of money.
An IT specialist working for the U.S. National Science Foundation has pleaded guilty to theft of government property for redirecting more than US$94,000 in government funds for his personal use, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
The head of China's top Bitcoin exchange didn't expect the Chinese government would act so soon in taking its first step to regulating the digital currency, but said he welcomed controls.
Explosive revelations in the past six months about the U.S. government's massive cyber-spying activities have spooked individuals, rankled politicians and enraged privacy watchdogs, but top IT executives aren't panicking -- yet.
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill meant to discourage so-called patent trolls from filing multiple infringement lawsuits or demanding licensing deals over the objections of some groups representing small inventors.
The developer of a popular flashlight app for Android devices has agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that it shared users' geolocation information with advertising networks and other organizations without permission.
The U.S. government has a huge image problem worldwide as it promotes Internet freedom on one hand and conducts mass surveillance on the other, potentially creating major problems for U.S. technology companies, a former official with President Barack...
The price of bitcoins may be soaring, but China isn't too thrilled with the virtual currency. On Thursday, the nation moved to regulate use of bitcoins, stating that its financial institutions could not deal in the virtual currency.
Microsoft moved to reassure business and government customers worldwide that it is committed to informing them of legal orders related to their data, and will fight in court any 'gag order' that prevents it from sharing such information with customer...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has given its blessing to Verizon Communication's proposed US$130 billion purchase of the stake that Vodafone Group has in Verizon Wireless.
The top product results in Google's Shopping service frequently feature products with higher prices than those listed on competing online shopping services, according to a complaint filed by longtime Google critic Consumer Watchdog.
The European Commission has cleared Microsoft's acquisition of the devices and services division of Finland's Nokia, it said Wednesday.
A congressional hearing Wednesday on the botched rollout of HealthCare.gov was largely a forum for Republican critics of U.S. government involvement in the health-care industry and other large social programs.
Apple's iPhone could be getting a step closer to being officially offered on China's largest mobile network, after the nation's government finally issued 4G licenses to operate LTE TDD networks in the country.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCOpen_5pm_27/10_Project CoordinatorACT
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW