Europe’s data protection watchdog on Friday said that plans for a European Union-wide net neutrality law do not protect citizens’ rights to privacy.
The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency secretly collects data in bulk on international money transfers, under a program similar to the government's collection of phone records, according to reports.
The newly seated chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has told mobile operators to voluntarily ease up on cellphone unlocking or risk being forced to do so.
A secretive international trade treaty up for discussion next week could have far-reaching effects on Internet services, copyright law and civil liberties, a draft of the treaty obtained by Wikileaks suggests.
The general counsel of a U.S. spying agency told a U.S. Senate committee Wednesday that if Internet companies provide information about the number of surveillance orders they receive for user data, it would alert the country's adversaries on which se...
More than 106,000 U.S. residents have selected health insurance plans, but only 27,000 did so through the flawed HealthCare.gov, during the first month of enrollment through the U.S. government's Affordable Care Act.
Top IT officials from U.S. President Barack Obama's administration insisted HealthCare.gov is as secure as possible, despite questions raised from inside the government before the flawed website's launch.
Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Facebook and LinkedIn are objecting to the U.S. government's decision to provide them only a redacted version of its response to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to a request by the companies that they be allowed ...
Even after obtaining the encryption keys from secure email provider Lavabit through a court, the government was prevented by the court order and various laws from accessing other Lavabit users' accounts, the U.S. Department of Justice said Tuesday in...
Aiming to produce more electronics with the "Made in USA" label, Foxconn Technology Group said Saturday it was considering setting up a factory in Arizona to possibly build TVs, display panels and product casings.
British intelligence agency Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) reportedly used spoofed LinkedIn and Slashdot pages to compromise the computers of network engineers working for global roaming exchange providers based in Europe.
The U.S. Congress should take action to slow a skyrocketing number of "deceptive" patent infringement demand letters sent from patent licensing firms to small businesses, witnesses told a Senate committee.
AT&T supplies information on international calls that travel over its network, including ones that start or end in the U.S., under a voluntary contract with the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, The New York Times reported Thursday.
The ongoing revelations of governmental electronic spying point to a problem larger than National Security Agency malfeasance, or even of security weaknesses. Rather the controversy arising from Edward Snowden's leaked documents suggest we face unres...
Users of HealthCare.gov, the troubled insurance-shopping website run by the U.S. government, were having problems logging in and completing applications again on Wednesday, an official said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW