Three major U.S. carriers have agreed not to charge their customers for premium text messages, which have emerged as a route for unauthorized third-party charges on mobile phone bills.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will consider letting passengers use cellular services on airplanes, breaking with a ban that has been in place for years.
The owners of an Atlanta company have agreed to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that they crammed US$10 million worth of charges onto mobile phone users' bills without their permission.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has approved legislation aimed at making it more difficult for so-called patent trolls to use infringement lawsuits against other businesses.
The Swedish Security Service wants direct access to systems used by service providers to collect information on user communications, but the providers are convinced that would be a threat to data privacy.
An Internet governance model that includes businesses and civil-society groups in the decision-making process remains the best approach, despite a push from some countries for a more government-centric model, officials with the Internet Corporation f...
International talks aimed at removing expensive international tariffs on information technology will now continue until Friday after China continued to stall negotiations on Wednesday.
The European Parliament on Wednesday approved funding of €7 billion for Europe’s satellite navigation programmes.
A U.S. judge has shut down an online business listing operation that allegedly bilked more than US$14 million from U.S. small businesses and churches.
The European Parliament will not approve any data sharing deal with the United States unless E.U. citizens have judicial redress when their personal data is transferred to the U.S. said a prominent politician on Tuesday.
Federal officials told a U.S. Senate hearing on Monday that virtual currencies like bitcoin can offer benefits to the financial system, but also cautioned about its possible misuse for illicit activity.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services expects a significant percentage of U.S. residents looking to buy health insurance under a new government program to avoid the troubled HealthCare.gov, but many of those people will do so for reasons u...
Google and Facebook have joined the Dynamic Spectrum Alliance, an international group advocating access to unused spectrum for broadband networks based on so-called "white spaces" technology.
Google has reached a US$17 million settlement with 37 U.S. states and the District of Columbia over its unauthorized placement of cookies on devices running Apple's Safari browser, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Monday.
Google will display warnings above the search results for 13,000 terms it believes are associated with more explicit child sexual abuse terms, it announced Monday. Microsoft said it will take similar action on its Bing search engine, and on Yahoo sea...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
- Raspberry Pi's new computer for industrial applications goes on sale
- Social networks let the rich buy influence
- 5G spectrum squatting case ends in $100M FCC fine
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCService Desk SMENSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCSoftware DeveloperACT
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW