The U.S. National Security Agency has been circumventing many online encryption efforts through a combination of supercomputers, back doors built into technology products, court orders and other efforts, according to a new report from The New York Ti...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality regulations, also known as open Internet rules, face a hearing on Monday in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. Verizon Communications has challenged the FCC's au...
European Parliamentarians were told Thursday to expect further revelations of mass surveillance by the United States’ National Security Agency (NSA) at the opening of an inquiry into the Prism scandal.
Six privacy groups have asked the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to strike down proposed changes to Facebook's policies, as they violate a 2011 settlement with the agency over user privacy.
Hundreds of people had private moments broadcast publicly over the Internet through security cameras they bought from a vendor that got in hot water with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Digital advocacy group, La Quadrature du Net (QdN), has accused Europe’s Digital Agenda Commissioner of caving in to pressure from telcos and abandoning her promise to protect net neutrality.
The Indian government is expected to require that Indian bureaucrats use email service provided by the National Informatics Center for their official work, as it tries to secure its communications infrastructure.
Negotiations have broken down between two Internet giants and U.S. government representatives over the companies' requests to publish information on the surveillance requests they receive, a Microsoft executive said Friday.
When it comes to tapping into U.S. telecommunications networks for surreptitious surveillance, the U.S. National Security Agency can't be accused of not paying its way.
The U.S. intelligence community is reportedly using a fifth of its US$52.6 billion annual budget to fund cryptography-related programs and operations.
The U.S. government has decided to release data annually on its secret spy orders and the number of people affected by them, the country's intelligence chief said Thursday.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
An Atlanta medical testing laboratory had billing information for more than 9,000 customers land on a peer-to-peer file-sharing network in 2008, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has alleged.
Facebook received more than 25,000 requests from governments about its users during the first half of 2013, with nearly half of those requests coming from U.S. law enforcement and related agencies, the company said.
Google has told Android developers that they can start offering free apps in Iran, while Apple has removed Iran from among the countries to which sales of its products are prohibited.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW