The U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has vigorously denied that the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) tampered with NIST's process of vetting and choosing encryption algorithms.
Recent revelations about the U.S. National Security Agency's massive data collection programs illustrates the need for a new privacy debate about the implications of big data, some privacy advocates said Tuesday.
A new draft law on net neutrality and mobile roaming in Europe has caused division between lawmakers.
The Polish Central Anti-Corruption Bureau and U.S. agencies are investigating potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act by an employee of an indirect subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard in Poland, the company said in a filing Monday.
Verizon Communications should be able to block its broadband customers from going to websites that refuse to pay the provider to deliver their traffic, a lawyer for Verizon told an appeals court Monday.
European politicians on Monday called for a data sharing agreement between the United States and the European Union to be immediately suspended following more revelations of spying by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA).
The U.S. National Security Agency is able to read messages sent via a corporate BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), according to a report by German news magazine Der Spiegel. The purpose of this spying is economic or political, and not to counter ter...
In perhaps China's toughest push to crack down on online defamation, authorities have unveiled measures that could send Internet users to jail for up to three years if found guilty of posting slanderous rumors.
A Chinese journalist who was jailed because of incriminating email records provided by Yahoo has been freed by local authorities after serving over eight years in prison.
The U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to defeat encrypted Internet communications, detailed in news stories this week, are an attack on the security of the Internet and on users' trust in the network, some security experts said.
The U.S. National Security Agency has been circumventing many online encryption efforts through a combination of supercomputers, back doors built into technology products, court orders and other efforts, according to a new report from The New York Ti...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality regulations, also known as open Internet rules, face a hearing on Monday in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. Verizon Communications has challenged the FCC's au...
European Parliamentarians were told Thursday to expect further revelations of mass surveillance by the United States’ National Security Agency (NSA) at the opening of an inquiry into the Prism scandal.
Six privacy groups have asked the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to strike down proposed changes to Facebook's policies, as they violate a 2011 settlement with the agency over user privacy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Thousands of hacked CCTV devices used in DDoS attacks
- Cloud consortium says simpler EU electronic signature rules aren't simple enough
- Lightning strikes Outlook in latest Salesforce-Microsoft integration
- Backblaze wants to eliminate tape-based storage
- FBI expansion of surveillance powers meets obstacle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCHelpdesk (Level 1 Support)QLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC