Apple should end its existing e-book agreements with five major publishers and sign no new price-setting distribution contracts for five years under remedies for e-book price fixing proposed by the U.S. Department of Justice and 33 state attorneys ge...
Two U.S. senators have introduced legislation that would permanently extend a current moratorium on Internet access taxes in the country.
National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden has finally left the transit area of the Moscow airport, after Russia granted him temporary asylum, his lawyer told The Wall Street Journal.
A proposed change to U.S. law that would allow state attorneys general to hold websites liable for content posted by users is a "dangerous path," a group of tech trade groups and legal scholars said Wednesday.
Several U.S. senators will push for changes in the way the National Security Agency collects the telephone records of millions of U.S. residents, with lawmakers saying they will focus on making the NSA program more transparent to the public.
Warrants are not required by the U.S. government to access historical cell site information, an appeals court ruled in an order.
Privacy and digital rights groups have dug in for a longer fight against massive surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency, even after the House of Representatives voted last week against an amendment to curtail the agency's data col...
A proposed code of conduct for mobile app developers intended to make them explain how user data is collected and used does not have a clear enforcement mechanism, one privacy advocate said.
Amazon Web Services has filed a complaint in a U.S. court after the Government Accountability Office sustained in part a protest by IBM against the award of a contract by the CIA for a cloud computing project.
The U.S. House of Representatives has narrowly rejected an effort to stop the National Security Agency from collecting millions of U.S. residents' telephone records.
The White House is opposed to an amendment to a defense spending bill that would limit spending on mass surveillance by the National Security Agency.
Removing mobile phone roaming charges in the European Union may prove more expensive for customers in the long run, a telecoms expert has warned.
A crowdsourced Finnish draft law that aims to reduce penalties on small-scale private downloading from peer-to-peer networks reached enough backers to be discussed by the parliament.
The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court has renewed permission to the U.S. government for a controversial program to collect telephone metadata in bulk.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to take the first step toward revamping its program that subsidizes Internet connections to schools and libraries, with the focus in the future on big bandwidth instead of simple connectivity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCOracle Administrators with SiebelACT
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD