The U.K. government is launching a review of a vetting process for products from Huawei Technologies, reflecting continuing security concerns about the Chinese company.
Cellphone users have a reasonable expectation of privacy in their cellphone location information, and police must obtain a search warrant before accessing that information, the Supreme Court of New Jersey ruled Thursday.
U.S. lawmakers plan to resurrect national data breach notification legislation that has failed to pass in past sessions of Congress, but some advocates don't agree on what should be included in a bill.
Influential technology companies and groups want the US government to lift restrictions on publicizing secret requests for user data as the fallout continues over the scale of government surveillance.
The U.S. National Security Agency and Department of Justice exceeded their legal authority to conduct surveillance when collecting the telephone records of millions of U.S. residents, several U.S. lawmakers said Wednesday.
A Dutch draft law that aims to introduce a decryption order that forces suspects to decrypt data on their computers could violate the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), said the Dutch Council for the Judiciary on Wednesday.
India has decided to allow mobile services operations to be wholly owned by foreign investors, a move that is expected to lead multinationals to take full control of their Indian joint ventures by buying out local partners.
The Green Electronics Council plans to expand its EPEAT environmental rating system later this year to include smartphones, the council said Tuesday.
Microsoft does not give the U.S. National Security agency direct access to its customers' email or instant messages, contrary to previous news reports, a company executive said.
Nineteen organizations, including a church and gun ownership and marijuana legalization groups, have filed a lawsuit against the U.S. National Security Agency for a surveillance program that targets U.S. residents' phone records.
The U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court has ordered the government to declassify its secret order and parties' briefs in a case which Yahoo expects will demonstrate that it resisted government directives.
Edward Snowden, the leaker of U.S. National Security Agency surveillance activities, may have changed his position about disclosing more information in the future, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Monday, according to news reports.
Chinese government officials agreed to crack down on software and other piracy and to take steps to ensure that state-owned organizations use legal software.
Microsoft helped the U.S. National Security Agency circumvent the company's own encryption in order to conduct surveillance on email accounts through Outlook.com, according to a new report in the Guardian.
The organizers of the Defcon hacking convention have publicly asked U.S. federal government workers not to attend the event this year due to tension in the hacker community caused by the recent revelations about the U.S. government's electronic surve...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
- A Raspberry Pi 3 competitor will boast an SSD storage slot
- Adblock Plus can't charge Axel Springer for whitelisting its ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC