A Bitcoin trade group met with representatives of several U.S government agencies Monday as regulators debate whether the online currency should comply with currency rules.
The U.S. National Security Agency reportedly cracked the encryption used by the video teleconferencing system at the United Nations headquarters in New York City.
Chinese police have detained two Internet users for allegedly starting online rumors that tried to defame government groups and a cultural icon in the nation.
A McAfee vice president and seasoned technology executive will head the Department of Homeland Security's cybersecurity office, the agency announced Monday.
The German Federal Ministry of Finance said on Monday that Bitcoin is not a full-fledged currency but that it is permissible to use it in private transactions.
China plans to bring gigabit Internet speeds to its major cities by 2020, part of its effort to expand broadband among households in the nation.
The U.S. has verbally committed to enter into a no-spying agreement with Germany in the wake of disclosures about the U.S. National Security Agency's secret surveillance programs.
A prominent U.S. Senate committee has launched a formal inquiry to investigate criminal activity and other risks tied to the use of virtual currencies such as Bitcoins.
Some level of government surveillance is "essential" if the nation is to minimize the incidence of terrorist strikes like the Boston Marathon bombing, according to Oracle CEO Larry Ellison.
Almost 75 percent of government IT budgets globally were reported as flat or increasing in 2013, according to a Gartner CIO survey.
The administration of U.S. President Barack Obama on Monday launched a review of whether the country uses optimally advancements in technology to protect its national security while preventing unauthorized disclosure and maintaining public trust.
U.S. President Barack Obama will work with Congress to limit data collection by the National Security Agency under the Patriot Act and will appoint an independent board to review the country's surveillance programs, he said Friday.
Silent Circle also shuttered its encrypted email service a few hours after Lavabit shut down citing an ongoing legal battle.
Samsung Electronics faces the possibility of U.S. import bans on some of its smartphones in two separate cases brought by Apple, with major steps happening Friday.
U.S. government agencies are exploring new ways to provide incentives for private companies to invest more money in cybersecurity, President Barack Obama's administration has announced.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- FTField Systems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- FTSecurity LeadWA