Facebook's tracking technology has landed the social network in hot water, with two lawmakers calling for a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) investigation.
A German court's ruling on Monday that bars distribution of Samsung's Android-based Galaxy Tab 10.1 in most of Europe shocked many. It also raises some long-term licensing worries for Android globally, some believe.
Chinese authorities have closed two unauthorized Apple stores in Kunming following an investigation prompted by a blogger who posted photos last week of one outlet.
Facebook said it's working with European Union regulators to resolve criticism about its new facial recognition feature, but trouble may also be brewing for the social network here in the U.S.
Facebook's move to enable facial recognition across its entire social networking site is raising some eyebrows - and possibly some legal woes -- over its privacy implications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA