Google's new Maps app for iPhone arrived in the App Store late Wednesday, in a move likely to please users disappointed with Apple Maps in iOS 6. While the new app leverages Google's robust mapping data, it has a few weak spots of its own--most notab...
iOS 5 dropped an important control that had existed in iOS 4: a switch to turn notifications off.
The furor over Apple's Maps app has diminished somewhat since it peaked shortly after the release of iOS 6, but there are still people who have been holding out on upgrading to Apple's latest mobile operating system, worried about what they might los...
Despite its aesthetic achievements, Apple's Maps app in iOS 6 left a lot of users unhappy. Turns out that the years Google spent building out its mapping data were hugely important; Apple's data - which powered its new Maps app - didn't have the rea...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC