With the founding of ESRI 40 years ago, Jack Dangermond pioneered the business of geographic information systems (GIS). He shares his perspective on how the Web has democratized access to geographic information, and how mashups between GIS and tradit...
TomTom's turn-by-turn direction iPhone application, which was unveiled at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference Monday, has been met with much enthusiasm. The company's stock price increased by 17 percent after TomTom co-founder and CTO Peter-Frans...
Location-based services that remind you about to-dos when you're on the go are exactly what busy mobile professionals need. A new service, ReQall Pro (US$3/monthly or $25/yearly), gives you reminders that are tied to specific locations. Unfortunately...
After a U.S. government watchdog agency warned that the U.S. Global Positioning System might fail, potential customers may wonder whether buying a GPS device is still a good idea. In a word: Yes.
Ah, trip planning. If you'd like to set your itinerary of points of interest, landmarks, and destinations on your PC rather than struggling with a GPS's touchscreen, then EasyGPS is a nice, free solution. It works with numerous models of Eagle, Garmi...
I went on vacation recently, and during that time I realized how dependent I have become on GPS applications to find what I am looking for. GPS devices maximise my vacation time by letting me drive less, since by using them, I never get lost. And dri...
Google's location-tracking service, [[xref:http://www.google.com/latitude|Latitude|Google Latitude]], uses the GPS hardware found in smart phones (such as Google Android phones and BlackBerry and Windows Mobile handsets) to pinpoint your position on ...
Never get caught in traffic again, thanks to the SUNA Traffic Channel!
TomTom and Navman are two of the best known GPS brands, and for good reason: both companies make great quality GPS devices that are easy to use. However, when it comes to choosing between the brands, just picking your favourite of the two won't neces...
The Linux community has a message to Microsoft: Back off
GPS units have not always been the most affordable devices. Start piling on extras like Bluetooth connectivity, media playback and the SUNA Traffic Message Channel on top of basic navigation features and these units can reach $800-$900. Of course, no...
If you’re planning to give a GPS device to a directionally challenged friend or family member as a Christmas gift, here are some of the devices to look out for.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's OneDrive for Business gets Mac client, shared folder sync
- Cyber criminals avoid fraud within their own ranks with new site
- If you want to be an Xbox Insider, Microsoft says you'll now have to earn it
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
- GPG Suite updated for secure email on OSX Sierra
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Support ConsultantVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTChange ManagerACT
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW