TomTom has followed the lead its main rival Garmin by offering capacitive touchscreens and multitouch technology on its latest range of high-end portable sat navs.
Four months ago, amidst a backlash from government regulators and privacy advocates, Google stopped collecting Wi-Fi data with its Street View cars. But that doesn't mean Google has stopped collecting wireless data altogether, and neither have other ...
Garmin has recalled approximately 1.25 million of its GPS devices due to a battery fault that causes overheating, which the company says may lead to potential "fire hazards".
Navman Wireless claims it is the first Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) provider in the world to launch an iPhone app specifically designed for GPS vehicle tracking.
GPS manufacturer Garmin is recalling some 1.25 million Nuvi personal navigation devices after detecting potential overheating problems in some of the units, the company announced Wednesday.
Sparking a fresh round of debate over an ongoing issue in time-keeping circles, the International Telecommunications Union is considering eliminating leap seconds from the time scale used by most computer systems, Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
Personal navigation systems are about to get a lot more personal. Japanese engineers have created a prototype device that places GPS navigation technology into a pair of wearable, seemingly everyday, glasses.
In perhaps what was one of the unluckiest moves of his career as a petty thief, Horatio Toure stole an iPhone on Monday afternoon. The irony? The iPhone Toure stole was being used to demonstrate a program that tracks GPS location in real-time--it too...
Garmin has launched its latest nuvi range of in-car GPS units in Australia, banking on an ultra-thin design and a high resolution, capacitive touchscreen to win over consumers.
Looking to take a road trip this summer? Ford Motor Co. and Google have joined forces to make it easier to get where you're headed.
Search Engine Land, the news and information site that broke the story about how Lauren Rosenberg was struck by a vehicle and is now suing Google, has an update to the story: it was dark outside, and Google maps instructed her to walk across the stre...
Gartner is highlighting 10 mobile and wireless networking technologies -- including new versions of Bluetooth and location-awareness -- it says will play a big role in business-to-employee and business-to-consumer interactions over the next couple of...
The latest gadget from Sony's in-house geeks will surely get your cat tweeting. A prototype tweeting cat collar, which Sony created in collaboration with the University of Tokyo, last month's Open House 2010.
One day I was using my cell phone's GPS service to find the nearest Target. I was driving down the road when suddenly my cell phone piped up, "Turn right here." I looked to the right. There was no road, just a tree and some grass. I chalked it up to ...
Intelematics Australia, operators of the SUNA Traffic Channel, has announced a partnership with Ninemsn that allows motorists in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and the Gold Coast to access live traffic updates on the Internet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
- Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw
- Attackers are now abusing exposed LDAP servers to amplify DDoS attacks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTSENIOR .Net DEVELOPERQLD
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportNSW
- CCProject Reporting Officer - Tabelau exp - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior System EngineerACT
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCInfrastructure Specialist :SCOMWA
- CCFull Stack Java DevelopersNSW