GPS manufacturer TomTom will release a dedicated app and car kit for the iPhone that turns the smartphone into a fully fledged navigation unit.
The U.S. Air Force late last month disputed a General Accountability Office report concluding that the Global Positioning System used by the military and millions of motorists worldwide may be in danger of disruption unless aging satellites are repla...
The sky isn't falling and neither is the Global Positioning System, the U.S. Air Force said during a Twitter news conference. "No, the GPS will not go down," tweeted Col. Dave Buckman of the Air Force's Space Command. "GAO points out, there is potent...
The Global Positioning System in use by the U.S. military, as well as millions of motorists globally as they navigate roadways, is not in danger of going down, although there is some risk of degraded performance as reported by a government accountabi...
Germany and Google remained at odds Wednesday over how the company holds certain data used for its Street View map imagery.
Google has revealed that it plans to photograph areas of public interest and natural beauty for its StreetView service.
The Global Positioning System faces the possibility of failures and blackouts, a federal watchdog agency has warned the U.S. Congress. Mismanagement by and underinvestment by the U.S. Air Force places the GPS at risk of failure in 2010 and beyond. Th...
The world's Global Positioning System (GPS) could collapse next year, say US officials.
Two recent court decisions -- one in New York and the other in Wisconsin -- highlight the continuing struggles that courts around the country are having over law enforcement's use of GPS devices to track an individual's movements.
An upgrade to Zenprise's mobile-phone management software will let IT administrators find lost phones, using GPS to locate the devices.
The Africa Wildlife Foundation has devised a way to use GPS technology to curb rising conflict between wild animals and humans as well as tackle an ongoing problem with poachers.
Post-graduate IT students from Carnegie Mellon University Australia (CMUA) have created a mobile phone app that provides commuters with live timetable information.
Google and AFL football maker Sherrin have created a football which fuses sports and online tracking technology.
Intelematics Australia today announced a new version of CLO Software's TrafficAU iPhone app. The new software tells users on which side of the road traffic congestion is occurring and delivers faster updates from the SUNA Traffic Message Channel.
Telstra today announced the addition of live traffic updates to its Whereis Navigator GPS application, bringing the mobile phone service in line with many in-car GPS units.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
- 4 Kogan Agora 4G review
- 5 Motorola Moto E review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Amazon building ad system to compete with Google's
- Airbnb to reveal 124 New York hosts to attorney general
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- HP loses its leader on NFV, a key carrier network trend
- Google acquires Gecko Design for next-generation products
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ