In this tutorial we will be taking a look at masking and how you can give your work a sense of depth using this technique, as well as layering textures and elements to help lift your piece.
Photoshop's Lens Flare filter is an effect that's been so over used over the years, it's become something of a cliche in digital illustration. Which is a shame, since in the right situation, it can provide a powerful lighting enhancement to a piece.
The ability to dream up and design cool, dynamic people is a good skill for any graphic designer to have under their belt, whether you’re basing whole graphic novels around them or just using them to add a quirky twist to flyers or T-shirt designs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for $4.8B
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC