AMD Radeon HD 6990 review: AMD's dual-GPU Radeon HD 6990 is the world's fastest single-slot graphics card. But with that power comes a massive price tag
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti review: A strong push for the midrange graphics card crown
AMD Radeon HD 6950 review: An affordable mid-range AMD Radeon graphics card with good overclocking potential
Nvidia GeForce GTX 580 review: This graphics card takes the "world's fastest" crown, sliding ahead of tough competition
AMD Radeon HD 6850 review: An affordable model in AMD's 6800 Radeon series of graphics cards
Move over, Tegra K1, you're already obsolete. At a Sunday night press conference, Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang launched a new mobile superchip, the Tegra X1. If Nvidia has its way, the X1 will be the graphics and artificial intelligence engine for the c...
Avnet Technology Solutions has struck an agreement with ASUS to distribute the firm's motherboard and graphics card products in Australia.
Intel is clearly tired of Nvidia and AMD kicking sand in its face when it comes to graphics performance. The company has had a talented GPU engineering team for many years. With the fourth generation of Intel's Core CPU line -- codenamed Haswell -- t...
As PCs get more powerful and easier to use, the challenges involved with upgrading them have remained about the same. For the novice, a hard drive upgrade can appear downright daunting. For more experienced tinkerers, the upgrade itself may be easy, ...
Deciding how much graphics power is required when purchasing a PC has never been easy. Investing in a standalone graphics processor from AMD or Nvidia is more often than not overkill for many office applications. However, graphics processors integrat...
QUESTION: I want to use touch to control my Windows 7 Home Premium PC. Is it as simple as plugging in a touchscreen display? I'd also like to view a 3D image - will I need a new graphics card?
I just installed Windows 7 on a Compaq laptop that was previously running Vista. It was a clean install, meaning I wiped the hard drive rather than simply upgrading the OS. (I had my reasons for doing so, but I won't bore you with them here.)
We all know that the GPU (graphics processing unit) in modern computers is essentially responsible for everything you see on your screen. Both Windows Vista and Windows 7 can use the GPU to render the desktop, taking advantage of 3D acceleration feat...
The central processing unit (CPU) in a computer might receive the lion's share of attention when it comes to overclocking, but it isn't the only PC component you can tweak. Vendors regularly overclock the GPU (graphics processing unit) of a graphics ...
In our review of AMD's Radeon R9 Fury, we discovered that the Fury X's air-cooled sibling packs a performance punch that justifies its competitive price tag. In fact, it punishes Nvidia's GTX 980 and proved to be the true champion of AMD's new Fiji l...
AMD's Radeon R9 Fury X kicks ass.
Nvidia's Titan X is the first graphics card to be able to play many games on high detail settings at 4K resolution all by it's lonesome.
With the release of the Radeon HD 6850 and Radeon HD 6870 graphics cards, AMD delivers fantastic value for the average PC gamer.
The wait is over -- Microsoft’s latest API (application programming interface), DirectX 11, has arrived on both Vista and Windows 7. With it comes a host of exciting new features for PC gamers and multimedia enthusiasts. In short, DirectX 11 enables ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Condé Nast parent company jumps into big data market with 1010data purchase
- Counterterrorism expert says it's time to give companies offensive cybercapabilities
- IBM applies some engineering rigor to the Internet of Things
- Microsoft's buys sales-gamification startup with eye to CRM combo
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, Aug. 3
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW