China said Thursday it will not force PC makers to bundle an Internet filtering program with computers sold in the country, backing down from a plan that stirred global controversy.
Green Dam Youth Escort
A U.S. company will seek legal action against Lenovo, Acer and Sony next week over their shipment in China of controversial software that the company says stole its programming code.
Apple appears to be exempt from China's mandate that a controversial Internet filtering program be shipped with all computers sold in the country.
China did a sudden about-face late yesterday and decided to delay its controversial requirement that all computers sold after July 1 must come with Web filtering software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia