Apple and Google should reconsider their plans to enable encryption by default on their smartphones, and the U.S. Congress should pass a law requiring that all communication tools allow police access to user data, U.S. FBI Director James Comey said.
U.S. President Barack Obama failed to address the National Security Agency's reported efforts to weaken encryption standards and circumvent online encryption technologies in a speech Friday about surveillance reform.
U.S. President Barack Obama's proposed changes to the National Security Agency's surveillance programs don't go far enough, some technology and digital rights groups said, while others hailed it as a good first step.
The U.S. Department of Justice defended the National Security Agency's massive phone records collection program after a U.S. District Court judge ruled Monday that the program is likely to violate the U.S. Constitution.
A U.S. Senate committee has voted to approve a bill that would leave in place the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk telephone-records collection program, with some limits.
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
- AT&T, Time Warner deal under scrutiny from politicians, consumer groups
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSiebel Technical Integration SpecialistACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD