Singapore Airlines has announced that it will soon provide in-flight mobile phone and Internet access for its passengers, thanks to a multimillion dollar collaboration with OnAir.
More mobile network operators are placing their bets on the same next-generation mobile networking technology to offer users faster connections, according to a report from the Global Mobile Suppliers Association (GSA).
Twenty-four mobile network operators have formed the Wholesale Applications Community to avoid fragmenting the apps market and to give developers one point of entry to all the members, the GSM Association announced on Monday.
An encryption algorithm designed to protect calls on GSM phones has been broken by three cryptographers using only a dual-core, Intel-based Dell Latitude PC running Linux.
Computer security researchers say that the GSM phones used by the majority of the world's mobile-phone users can be listened in on with just a few thousand dollars worth of hardware and some free open-source tools.
The unveiling of a GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) encryption codebook compiled by a German security researcher and his team of collaborators lowers the bar significantly for the amount of money and technical expertise required to liste...
How concerned should business users be about wireless security now that another group claims to have cracked the security scheme used by 80 percent of the world's cellular telephones?
For the past 10 years I've expected three constants when visiting the U.S.: friendly people, large portions of food and bad cell-phone coverage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy groups complain to FTC about WhatsApp policy changes
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- New Surface Pro 3 firmware update should solve battery woes
- Hackers had a chance to hamper voting by deleting records
- As 5G heads for IoT, 4G is far from done
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA