The company that publishes books under the Macmillan imprint has agreed to allow discounting of its electronic books as part of a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice over price-fixing in the fast-growing e-book market.
Penguin Group has become the latest book publisher to reach a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice in a lawsuit that alleges that Apple and five publishers had conspired to raise e-book prices.
A Seattle law firm has targeted Apple in an e-book price-fixing lawsuit partly because of the company's dominance in smartphone and tablet sales, the firm's managing director said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Oracle plans ‘startup organization’ focused on cloud computing, AI and VR
- Hipchat resets user passwords after possible breach
- ONUG gets closer to making SD-WANs talk to each other
- Cars will get superior digital vision with ARM's camera chip
- Microsoft finds another use for LinkedIn with CRM integration
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst- Process (Banking or Insurance or Gov backg)NSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- FTInternal Recruitment Coordinator / Talent Acquisitio ConsultantNSW
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW