Hacking Team, a firm best known for helping governments spy on their citizens, has been hacked. Here's a curated look at the documents, contracts, and code discovered by researchers sorting the data online.
hackers in pictures
From televisions to passenger planes, even the most unassuming device can, if accessed by the wrong people, be turned into something more sinister.
The year's only halfway done, but hackers have already filled enough headlines to last a decade.
From online bank heists to Chinese hackers, 2013 is adding up to be a security mess
A major hosting service for sites on the dark web has apparently been hacked, resulting in scores of hidden sites, including those offering child pornography, going offline.
A hacker forced thousands of publicly exposed printers to spew out rogue messages in order to warn their owners about the risks of printer hacking.
Ironically, cyber criminals have to battle fraudsters too. To help them, a new web service is warning the hacker community who among them can’t be trusted.
Almost 6,000 online shops have been compromised by hackers who added specially crafted code that intercepts and steals payment card details.
The source code for a trojan that infected hundreds of thousands of internet-of-things devices and used them to launch distributed denial-of-service attacks was published online, paving the way for more such botnets.
A ‘white hat’ is an ethical computer hacker or cyber security expert. White hat hackers often conduct exploratory testing to ensure an organization or computer system is properly protected.
Well, that was fast. Do-it-yourself electronics kit maker and hobby retailer Adafruit recently announced that a hacker had won the company's Open Kinect Bounty. Spain-based hacker Hector Martin Cantero, who is known online as "marcan," released a pro...
These "White Hat" security researchers are ethical hackers whose discoveries and inventions shake things up — as they try to stay one step ahead of their underground "Black Hat" cousins…
Technology drives just about everything we do, and not just at our jobs. From banks to hospitals to the systems that keep the juice flowing to our homes, we are almost entirely dependent on tech. More and more of these systems are interconnected, and...
Quick: What's a hacker? A pimply faced teenager in a dark bedroom trying to start World War Three, or a thirty-something professional with mad computer skills?
Whitepapers about hackers
Given the advances attackers have been making, it is very unlikely that organizations will be able to keep motivated and patient adversaries out of their networks. In most cases, the best one can hope for is to detect targeted attacks early and limit the amount of information the attackers can obtain access to. In this whitepaper, we identify the timeline of a typical attack sequence and the tools available for implementing custom defence strategies.
Videos about hackers
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victim's wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW