Hackers based in Iran have been using malware to spy on individuals, including potentially dissidents and activists in the country, according to new research from Symantec.
Thousands of medical devices, including MRI scanners, x-ray machines and drug infusion pumps, are vulnerable to hacking, creating significant health risks for patients, security researchers said this week.
Russian-speaking hackers have breached 97 websites, mostly dating-related, and stolen login credentials, putting hundreds of thousands of users at risk.
AshleyMadison.com's owner said it is examining a large batch of data posted online by hackers who breached the website last month.
Hacking Team, a firm best known for helping governments spy on their citizens, has been hacked. Here's a curated look at the documents, contracts, and code discovered by researchers sorting the data online.
From televisions to passenger planes, even the most unassuming device can, if accessed by the wrong people, be turned into something more sinister.
The year's only halfway done, but hackers have already filled enough headlines to last a decade.
From online bank heists to Chinese hackers, 2013 is adding up to be a security mess
Android smartphone users can take some commonsense precautions to protect their personal data from being stolen -- important advice considering an app developer purports to know how to take the information in under 60 seconds.
The Internet was in an uproar earlier this year following Facebook's launch of facial recognition software for its photo services, enabling users to identify their friends in photos automatically--and without their permission. Though critics describe...
An attack on a Dutch company that issues certificates used to authenticate websites was state-sponsored, according to the chief executive of Comodo, a company that also issues digital certificates and suffered a similar setback in March.
Sony PlayStation users are being warned by the FBI about scams targeting them and other online consumers.
The hacking group Anonymous has waged a full-on war on BART, the San Francisco subway system, over cellular shutdowns to stifle protests. Following two demonstrations that led to temporary station closures, hacking and posting personal information of...
Unsatisfied with stealing bank account information from their victims, cybercriminals steal frequent flyer miles, too. The miles are used as currency among some of the miscreants, according to a report released today by the malware fighters at the Ka...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW