Hacking Team, a firm best known for helping governments spy on their citizens, has been hacked. Here's a curated look at the documents, contracts, and code discovered by researchers sorting the data online.
From televisions to passenger planes, even the most unassuming device can, if accessed by the wrong people, be turned into something more sinister.
The year's only halfway done, but hackers have already filled enough headlines to last a decade.
From online bank heists to Chinese hackers, 2013 is adding up to be a security mess
Android smartphone users can take some commonsense precautions to protect their personal data from being stolen -- important advice considering an app developer purports to know how to take the information in under 60 seconds.
The Internet was in an uproar earlier this year following Facebook's launch of facial recognition software for its photo services, enabling users to identify their friends in photos automatically--and without their permission. Though critics describe...
An attack on a Dutch company that issues certificates used to authenticate websites was state-sponsored, according to the chief executive of Comodo, a company that also issues digital certificates and suffered a similar setback in March.
Sony PlayStation users are being warned by the FBI about scams targeting them and other online consumers.
The hacking group Anonymous has waged a full-on war on BART, the San Francisco subway system, over cellular shutdowns to stifle protests. Following two demonstrations that led to temporary station closures, hacking and posting personal information of...
Unsatisfied with stealing bank account information from their victims, cybercriminals steal frequent flyer miles, too. The miles are used as currency among some of the miscreants, according to a report released today by the malware fighters at the Ka...
A 10-year-old California girl's presentation at a hacker conference in Las Vegas is getting a lot of attention.
Every company in every conceivable industry is compromised by hackers - or will be shortly - according to a report from McAfee, a major maker of cybersecurity software.
Cybercrime cost corporations 56 percent more this year than last, according to an annual study from the Ponemon Institute and sponsored by ArcSight, an HP company.
UK police may not have gotten their guy when they arrested a 19-year-old Scotsman believed to be LulzSec spokesman "Topiary." The website LulzSecExposed, which is run by LulzSec detractors and aims to expose the identities of the hackers, says it bel...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Italian police shutter Dark Web marketplace
- New Google Glass for businesses will reportedly attach to other eyewear
- Ad group urges FTC to reject right to be forgotten in US
- Hacker steals Bitdefender customer log-in credentials, attempts blackmail
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, July 31
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW