Phishing, spearphishing, whaling are all nautical terms that have been created or adopted by the information security industry. The AFP has coined a new term.
CSO contributors Ira Winkler and Araceli Treu Gomes speak with Chris Inglis, former deputy director of the NSA, about his perceptions of Edward Snowden.
Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
Hackers based in Iran have been using malware to spy on individuals, including potentially dissidents and activists in the country, according to new research from Symantec.
Thousands of medical devices, including MRI scanners, x-ray machines and drug infusion pumps, are vulnerable to hacking, creating significant health risks for patients, security researchers said this week.
Russian-speaking hackers have breached 97 websites, mostly dating-related, and stolen login credentials, putting hundreds of thousands of users at risk.
AshleyMadison.com's owner said it is examining a large batch of data posted online by hackers who breached the website last month.
Hacking Team, a firm best known for helping governments spy on their citizens, has been hacked. Here's a curated look at the documents, contracts, and code discovered by researchers sorting the data online.
From televisions to passenger planes, even the most unassuming device can, if accessed by the wrong people, be turned into something more sinister.
The year's only halfway done, but hackers have already filled enough headlines to last a decade.
From online bank heists to Chinese hackers, 2013 is adding up to be a security mess
Android smartphone users can take some commonsense precautions to protect their personal data from being stolen -- important advice considering an app developer purports to know how to take the information in under 60 seconds.
The Internet was in an uproar earlier this year following Facebook's launch of facial recognition software for its photo services, enabling users to identify their friends in photos automatically--and without their permission. Though critics describe...
An attack on a Dutch company that issues certificates used to authenticate websites was state-sponsored, according to the chief executive of Comodo, a company that also issues digital certificates and suffered a similar setback in March.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCAssistant Project OfficerACT