A suspected Russian hacker arrested recently in the Czech Republic was involved in a massive 2012 data breach at LinkedIn, the professional social networking company says.
Attackers compromise online shops and store stolen payment card details inside legitimate image files in order to avoid detection.
The U.S. response to election-related hacks that the Obama administration now blames on the Russian government could include sanctions against that country.
U.S. officials are publicly blaming the Russian government for several high-profile hacks against political groups that they claim were meant to interfere with the upcoming election.
Thursday's confirmed breach at Yahoo means that a treasure trove of stolen data is very likely circulating on the black market -- potentially putting millions of internet users at risk.
A U.S. lawmaker has introduced two bills to protect voting systems from hacking, amid fears that Russian cyber spies may be interfering with this year's presidential election.
A U.K. judge has ruled in favor of extraditing a British man to the U.S. for hacking government computers, despite fears he may commit suicide.
The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
The FBI may have paid a small fortune to unlock an iPhone 5c used by the San Bernardino shooter. But a security researcher has demonstrated a way to do it for less than $100.
A rogue Pokémon Go helper application with over 500,000 downloads on Google Play had Trojan code that downloaded root exploits to take over Android devices.
Researchers can submit entries from now until March 14, 2017.
A critical vulnerability that was recently found in the low-level firmware of Lenovo ThinkPad systems also reportedly exists in products from other vendors including HP and Gigabyte Technology.
Even the noise from your PC’s fans could be used to steal the data inside. Researchers in Israel have found a way to do just by hijacking the fans inside and manipulating the sounds they create.
Russian government hackers managed to breach the computer network of the Democratic National Committee and stole opposition research on presidential candidate Donald Trump.
A hacker is trying to sell a zero-day privilege escalation exploit that allegedly affects all Windows versions and bypasses all common exploit mitigations on a cybercrime forum.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- London is next in line for Google-backed gigabit Wi-Fi
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMid Level Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCTechnical SpecialistVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- CCMultiple Defence Opportunities - NV2ACT
- CCEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia