WikiLeaks has released more than 8,700 documents it says come from the CIA's Center for Cyber Intelligence, with the documents saying the agency had 24 "weaponized" zero-day exploits for the Android operating system as of 2016.
More than 100 members of the Israel Defense Forces, the majority of them stationed around the Gaza strip, fell victim to a cyberespionage attack that used malicious Android applications to steal information from their mobile devices.
Two senators have written to the U.S. Department of Defense about reports that President Donald Trump may still be using an old unsecured Android phone, including to communicate through his Twitter account.
A security researcher is showing that it’s not hard to hold industrial control systems for ransom. He's experimented with a simulated water treatment system based on actual programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and documented how these can be hacked.
The developer behind Lavabit, an email service that noted leaker Edward Snowden used, is releasing source code for an open-source end-to-end encrypted email standard that promises surveillance-proof messaging.
U.S. and China don't see eye-to-eye when it comes to technology, and the battle over chips is getting more intense between the countries.
U.S. National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden will be allowed to stay in Russia for "another couple of years," according to a spokeswoman for the government there.
When Donald Trump is inaugurated as the U.S. President on Friday, Juan Soberanis intends to protest the event -- digitally.
President Barack Obama has commuted the prison sentence of Chelsea Manning, the former U.S. soldier who disclosed classified data to WikiLeaks relating to the Iraq War.
The popular Samsung SmartCam security cameras contain a critical remote code execution vulnerability that could allow hackers to gain root access and take full control of them.
As if the whodunnit into the hacking of the Democratic National Committee wasn't already confusing and murky enough, the supposed Romanian hacker who first released the emails resurfaced on Thursday to say everyone has it wrong.
The Tuesday arrest of Giulio Occhionero and his sister, Francesca Maria, has brought to light what appears to be the biggest, and highest-profile, hacking of institutional and corporate accounts ever reported in Italy.
After infecting a system with Locky Ransomware, CSO attempted to recover it using basic tools and backups
Russia dismissed a U.S. intel report claiming that the Kremlin meddled with the presidential election, saying the accusations were “unfounded” and driving a “witch-hunt.”
Since October, millions of internet users have been exposed to malicious code served from the pixels in tainted banner ads meant to install other forms of malware, according to security firm ESET.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTData Analyst - GISQLD
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT