A U.S. district court judge has given preliminary approval for Apple to pay a US$450 million settlement for its role in an e-books price-fixing conspiracy.
Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro
Apple has reached a settlement in a long-standing case that accused the company of fixing the price on e-books, with the company paying up to US$400 million, depending on the outcome of its appeal in the case, a law firm has announced.
A Seattle law firm has targeted Apple in an e-book price-fixing lawsuit partly because of the company's dominance in smartphone and tablet sales, the firm's managing director said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW